Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Re: Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Postby sevenseascoaster » 12 Nov 2015 07:38

Ours was a balcony cabin, very similar to Jills just a balcony added, will post pictures when I have a free minute. Yes, small, compact but the wardrobes and drawer space was more than adequate and I hasten to add better than Celebrity's! Yes, miniscule shower, but still adequate unless you were of a larger capacity :D Toiletries very nice and replaced frequently.

As to the colour scheme I found it very restful, not a fan of garish colours, and even though it is to be refurbished soon, it certainly didn't look as if it needed it desperately.
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 12 Nov 2015 08:03

Thanks for posting your review Jill, I am very glad that you had such a good time. I'm not sure if cabin showers are getting smaller or I'm getting larger, but we seem to have had a lot of small showers of late. :D
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 12 Nov 2015 08:26

Thanks for the cabin review Jill - I always like to see accommodation on ships we've not been on. :thumbup:

I must admit that I was intrigued by the big round window so I took the liberty of doing a little research. I found it!

I realise that deck plans aren't always accurate, but it appears to me that 7006 is actually larger than the adjacent balcony cabins:

The cabin location reminds me of the 'junior suite' (a misnomer if ever there was!) that we had on Black Watch once (Black Watch Junior Suite 5004). Although the Black Watch cabin was larger (well, the bathroom was anyway!), I much prefer the look of the Azamara cabin (or stateroom if you prefer!). Being very near the front of the small Black Watch, we felt more movement than we'd felt in other locations; was that a problem for you too?

I also looked at some photos of similar cabins on cruisedeckplans.com and they don't look at all dark and gloomy, but rather smart. I'm not criticising your photos for one moment because mine never come out as well as I'd like, but I do think they might not have done full justice to the cabin.

By the way, there's been some talk above about Costa's décor being glitzy but I can't believe that referred to Costa's cabins which we've found to be very tasteful and restrained!
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 12 Nov 2015 08:43

The cabin location reminds me of the 'junior suite' (a misnomer if ever there was!) that we had on Black Watch once (Black Watch Junior Suite 5004). Although the Black Watch cabin was larger (well, the bathroom was anyway!), I much prefer the look of the Azamara cabin (or stateroom if you prefer!). Being very near the front of the small Black Watch, we felt more movement than we'd felt in other locations; was that a problem for you too?

We did wonder if we would feel 'the motion of the ocean' being so far forward but we didn't. That said, apart from the first night, we sailed in very calm seas.

I think you are correct about our photos not doing the cabin justice Dave. Admittedly, the furniture was dark but we didn't feel that the cabin was in any way drab. In fact, as Wen said, the decor had a restful feel to it.

Despite there being a seating area in our cabin, we spent very little time there because we both prefer the comfort of the large armchairs in the public lounges, or better still the sun loungers on deck.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 12 Nov 2015 09:40

Dave wrote:By the way, there's been some talk above about Costa's décor being glitzy but I can't believe that referred to Costa's cabins which we've found to be very tasteful and restrained!

I think we had digressed to décor on the two lines in general, be that as it may, I do agree, I think Costa cabins are fantastic (well their outsides at least!) bright, large and not at all gharish - the only bit of bling is the Murano glass lampshade on the mirror. Of course this is a complete contrast to the public areas of their ships (well the 3 that I have been on!)
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Postby Peka » 12 Nov 2015 10:10

tomvet wrote:Thanks for the review and pics Jill!

Mmmm! Jury is out about the cabin!

The shower is tiny! :shock: .... but the whole décor looks rather dull and furnishing are basic.

The one plus is the very large low down porthole!

I would have thought with the reputation Azamara has for being a high end cruise line, its prices etc that the cabins would have more of a WOW! factor.

I am not getting that!

That was my initial thought, I wasn't expecting it to be that fancy it looks ridiculous, but that looked rather shabby (for want of a much better word, as it isn't really shabby :lol: ) compared with other cabins I have seen recently, it is just looking a bit tired I guess :?
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Peka » 12 Nov 2015 10:18

JollyJill wrote:
I shall hold judgement until then!

Suffice to say that if you like the glitzy, often mind boggling decor of Costa & MSC, you probably won't like Azamara. ;)
The decor is much more tasteful and sedate.

:lol: mind boggling, it certainly gives me a headache when looking at the photos.
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 12 Nov 2015 11:54

That was my initial thought, I wasn't expecting it to be that fancy it looks ridiculous, but that looked rather shabby (for want of a much better word, as it isn't really shabby :lol: ) compared with other cabins I have seen recently, it is just looking a bit tired I guess :?

The ship is due for an imminent refurb Peka so I think the cabins may well get a facelift in the process. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Jimmy the One » 12 Nov 2015 16:09

I had to go back and take a second look at the photos,I think it's just the way the light is hitting the room that makes it look gloomy the colours on the wall look fairly light to my old eyes :lol:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 12 Nov 2015 16:27

Pity about the bed and the extremely small shower room but a nice looking cabin nevertheless Jill. I really like the window. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext