Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Postby Skier Pete » 13 Nov 2015 01:49

I'm a tad disappointed at the stateroom you had when comparing to an MSC YC1 stateroom, which are very tastefully decorated and have a much nicer bathroom.
Though I suspect the overall experience you had is better than the YC. No walking a third of mile, total there and back, to eat in the restaurant. and no extras to pay for, e.g. premium drinks, excursions and grats.

Overall Azamara probably wins
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby JollyJill » 13 Nov 2015 08:08

Skier Pete wrote:I'm a tad disappointed at the stateroom you had when comparing to an MSC YC1 stateroom, which are very tastefully decorated and have a much nicer bathroom.
Though I suspect the overall experience you had is better than the YC. No walking a third of mile, total there and back, to eat in the restaurant. and no extras to pay for, e.g. premium drinks, excursions and grats.

Overall Azamara probably wins

Bearing in mind that you can pay for a much better grade of stateroom/cabin Pete, maybe you should give Azamara a try; I don't think you will be disappointed.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Postby Seamouse » 13 Nov 2015 16:17

The main thing I got from the photos, of the cabin, is the nearness of the full length mirror to the bottom of the bed. There doesn't seem to be enough room to stand to see if your clothes, and hair is O.K. before you leave the room! I like the window/porthole., and décor seemed similar to some other ships.
Chris
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 13 Nov 2015 16:40

Seamouse wrote:The main thing I got from the photos, of the cabin, is the nearness of the full length mirror to the bottom of the bed. There doesn't seem to be enough room to stand to see if your clothes, and hair is O.K. before you leave the room! I like the window/porthole., and décor seemed similar to some other ships.

Actually Chris, we had the double bed reconfigured to 2 singles, which left a space between the two enabling the use of the full length mirror. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby adogap » 22 Nov 2015 18:43

I think the cabin looks very restful and comfortable. I’m glad Geoff mentioned about shower cubicles getting smaller, we had a tiny en suite recently on QE (will review later).
Thank you for sharing Jill

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Haddonqueen » 26 Nov 2015 18:15

Hi, Thankyou for you review on cabin 7006, We are in 7006 on the Quest next month and it's also our first Azamara cruise. I really enjoyed reading your review and your photos.
Haddonqueen

Postby JollyJill » 26 Nov 2015 18:18

Haddonqueen wrote:Hi, Thankyou for you review on cabin 7006, We are in 7006 on the Quest next month and it's also our first Azamara cruise. I really enjoyed reading your review and your photos.

Hi Haddonqueen and welcome to the friendly forum.

It was our first Azamara cruise too and we loved every minute of it. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Quest. :)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Haddonqueen » 28 Nov 2015 14:52

Thankyou. We thought about upgrading to a balcony cabin, but thinking about the extra 398 dollars I didn't think it would be worth it, I like people watching and I like a good natter. Lol
Haddonqueen

Postby JollyJill » 28 Nov 2015 15:10

Haddonqueen wrote:Thankyou. We thought about upgrading to a balcony cabin, but thinking about the extra 398 dollars I didn't think it would be worth it, I like people watching and I like a good natter. Lol

I agree. We never spend much time in our cabin and would prefer to be on open deck rather than a balcony.

I have posted a review of our Azamara cruise if you are interested.

SEE HERE

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous