Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Celestyal Cruises

Celestyal Cruises

Celestyal Cruises

Postby judgegeoff » 06 Mar 2019 08:45

Has any body cruised with Celestyal Cruises? If so I would be very interested in your opinion of them please. They have older and smaller ships (which I don't mind) and have some very tempting itineraries to Greece and Turkey. They offer all inclusive cruises (drinks, gratuities and excursions) and their prices seem quite reasonable. Chris (Seamouse) and I enjoyed 3 cruises to Greece and Turkey on the late 'Voyages of Discovery' "Voyager" cruise ship and I am hoping that the Celestyal cruises might be a possible alternative in those areas.
Geoff
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Celestyal Cruises

Postby Peka » 08 Mar 2019 21:57

Don't know much about them but there was a "Cruising with Jane McDonald" from Greece which was on one of their ships, I have found it is still available online on the My5 site. My5 Cruising with Jane McDonald you need to sign in to watch but it is a free. I haven't warched this programme only seen a few of the series and sometimes you don't see much of the ship though.
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 09 Mar 2019 09:52

Peka wrote:Don't know much about them but there was a "Cruising with Jane McDonald" from Greece which was on one of their ships, I have found it is still available online on the My5 site. My5 Cruising with Jane McDonald you need to sign in to watch but it is a free. I haven't warched this programme only seen a few of the series and sometimes you don't see much of the ship though.

Many thanks Peka, I will have a look. I am hoping that the Line will be somewhat similar to the late 'Voyages of Discovery' Line - little ships that can slip in and out of the little ports in Greece and Turkey that are too small to take the big ships. We had 3 wonderful cruises aboard the little "Voyager" cruise ship and would have done many more if she was still available.
Geoff
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Camela » 09 Mar 2019 20:02

I'm sure as a cruise pro Geoff you've seen there are a lot of reviews online for their ships. Only had a quick trawl but overall seem very positive. Hope you and Chris might blaze a trail there and a new cruise line on CM!
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 14 Mar 2019 22:13

I have back in 2009 when they were Louis cruises - thought they were great in every way.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby judgegeoff » 15 Mar 2019 00:58

tomvet wrote:I have back in 2009 when they were Louis cruises - thought they were great in every way.

Many thanks Tom, much appreciated. :thumbup:
Geoff
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom