Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Eclipse Le Havre & Fjords May 2015 Plus Ports

Eclipse Le Havre & Fjords May 2015 Plus Ports

Postby Mungo » 18 May 2015 18:03

Celebrity Eclipse and the fjords....... A perfect combination! :D

Thanks for sharing Wen. :mrgreen:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Eclipse Le Havre & Fjords May 2015 Plus Ports

Postby sevenseascoaster » 18 May 2015 18:32

tomvet wrote:Thanks Wen. I am looking forward more than ever now to visiting Geiranger and Bergen on our Favolosa cruise in 2 weeks time! Praying for good weather!

Tom I always had a vision of what the Fjords would look like, and Geiranger lived up to it all, in the sunshine and the rain :) It's very green, you will feel very at home :D Have a great trip.
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 May 2015 14:05

Beautiful pics., Wen :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Seamouse » 19 May 2015 16:34

Lovely pics, even through the rain it looks beautiful. I loved Norway, and would love to go back sometime. The ship looks great too!
Chris

Cruises booked :-

None (yet)
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby issyalex » 04 Jun 2015 17:13

Great review as usual Wen. Glad you loved the Fjords. I always describe them as Scotland on steroids. :)
Don't want to work just want to cruise.
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 04 Jun 2015 17:40

Wen, I was away when you posted this review of your trip so I'm glad today that Izzy has 'bumped' it.

Absolutely brilliant photos of the ship but what a treat to see some of the ports we visited when we went to Norway and the North Cape the year before last. In contrast to your itinerary and weather our cruise visited Stavanger first and it rained, Bergen last in lovely sunshine. Unfortunately only for half a day so would love to visit Bergen again for longer. However, the best day was spent at Geiranger, which as you found yourself, was just lovely. We were lucky in that although it was very misty when we arriving through the fjord and we feared yet another damp and miserable day the sky cleared and we experienced the best weather of the whole cruise here. We were so glad as the sail out through the fjord was something we'll never forget.

Thank you for posting these lovely photos which brought back some nice memories. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sevenseascoaster » 04 Jun 2015 18:51

grannyM wrote:Wen, I was away when you posted this review of your trip so I'm glad today that Izzy has 'bumped' it.

Absolutely brilliant photos of the ship but what a treat to see some of the ports we visited when we went to Norway and the North Cape the year before last. In contrast to your itinerary and weather our cruise visited Stavanger first and it rained, Bergen last in lovely sunshine. Unfortunately only for half a day so would love to visit Bergen again for longer. However, the best day was spent at Geiranger, which as you found yourself, was just lovely. We were lucky in that although it was very misty when we arriving through the fjord and we feared yet another damp and miserable day the sky cleared and we experienced the best weather of the whole cruise here. We were so glad as the sail out through the fjord was something we'll never forget.

Thank you for posting these lovely photos which brought back some nice memories. :D

Thanks Marie, I must say that Gerainger was spectacular and lived up to all my expectations, except the very wet sailaway, but then you can't have everything :)
Wen

sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Tiggy » 04 Jun 2015 18:54

Great review Wen, and your photographs show how beautiful the fjords are....can't wait to try Celebrity.
Tiggy
Tiggy
Chief Purrser
Chief Purrser

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sevenseascoaster » 04 Jun 2015 18:55

issyalex wrote:Great review as usual Wen. Glad you loved the Fjords. I always describe them as Scotland on steroids. :)

:D :D Issy, I'm a sucker for mountains and very green places, so it fitted the bill admirably.
Wen

sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby issyalex » 04 Jun 2015 21:01

sevenseascoaster wrote:
issyalex wrote:Great review as usual Wen. Glad you loved the Fjords. I always describe them as Scotland on steroids. :)

:D :D Issy, I'm a sucker for mountains and very green places, so it fitted the bill admirably.

:D :D :D
Don't want to work just want to cruise.
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext