Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Charming Contessa Commends Classy Celebrity

Charming Contessa Commends Classy Celebrity

Re: Charming Contessa Commends Classy Celebrity

Postby RobBar » 14 Nov 2011 07:55

Dave wrote:
Jimmy the One wrote:
Jimmy the One wrote:Another case of reap what you sow Im afraid always a danger when you make statements that can't be substansiated :shock:

Im case my post is taken the wrong way Im talking about the person who claims to be able to trace posters via their IP address

That's probably the first (and only post) I've understood in this topic for a while Jim. :)

The post was originally and recently placed on the Cruises.co.uk site under 'Cruise Reviews' and a subsequent Thread on CD was created in terms of the comments received to the cruise review posted.
[ext_url]http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/celebrity-cruises/celebrity-equinox/read_review_32363/?utm_source=111111&utm_medium=Drinking&utm_campaign=Review[/ext_url]
Certainly it can be considered a humourous or a slight against cruisers as I can recognize various types but as I posted on CD , I would love to know how Contessa picked him as her life heart beat. :)

I have no issue with welcoming another member to the board as long as one is above board and not looking to insult folks and seeming to be above it all.
One of the posted comments here talked about a certain person on another site as in they have 10,000 posts. We should remove that numeric reference per our rules in my humble view a suggestion as even I have to had to remove comments which could refer back to someone in a negative way or hurt them.
:|
RobBar

Postby Skier Pete » 14 Nov 2011 08:41

Rob Victoria wrote:The post was originally and recently placed on the Cruises.co.uk site under 'Cruise Reviews' and a subsequent Thread on CD was created in terms of the comments received to the cruise review posted.
[ext_url]http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/celebrity-cruises/celebrity-equinox/read_review_32363/?utm_source=111111&utm_medium=Drinking&utm_campaign=Review[/ext_url]
Certainly it can be considered a humourous or a slight against cruisers as I can recognize various types but as I posted on CD , I would love to know how Contessa picked him as her life heart beat. :)

I have no issue with welcoming another member to the board as long as one is above board and not looking to insult folks and seeming to be above it all.
One of the posted comments here talked about a certain person on another site as in they have 10,000 posts. We should remove that numeric reference per our rules in my humble view a suggestion as even I have to had to remove comments which could refer back to someone in a negative way or hurt them.

I think you'l find that it was originally posted on this site, 7th November, and then subsequently on the other site in the review section, 9th November, and the forum thread was started on 12th November.
For what it's worth I found it extremely amusing with a lot of truthful elements in it.

Pete
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Dave » 14 Nov 2011 08:54

Rob Victoria wrote:
The post was originally and recently placed on the Cruises.co.uk site under 'Cruise Reviews' and a subsequent Thread on CD was created in terms of the comments received to the cruise review posted.

I imagine this is the quote to which you refer Rob:

Stan Deasy wrote:Hi Fossil et al,have you seen the comment from a CD member who recently passed the 10,000 post count...unbelievable!

I would argue that this isn't a personal remark about a member of another forum; only that Stan finds their comment unbelievable. I have to say that I also find many of that person's comments unbelievable - especially the one about me starting this forum in order to sell your email addresses! :o
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Stan Deasy » 14 Nov 2011 12:05

Hi Rob...I am quite happy to have that bit of my post deleted,even though The member in question did once tell me pictorially that I was "Up my own A**e." But as Chaplain,my forgiveness is,and should be boundless. Regards Sensitive Stan.
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Postby Fossil » 14 Nov 2011 19:31

Now up to over 11,000 viewings and 90 comments in 5 days. Some of the comments are priceless. Is this going to be a record for viewings on CD?
Fossil
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Postby RobBar » 14 Nov 2011 20:58

Fossil1 wrote:Now up to over 11,000 viewings and 90 comments in 5 days. Some of the comments are priceless. Is this going to be a record for viewings on CD?

The record is actually 'where is S....: I counted over 100.000 on three like threads over on CD. :P

Pete, I missed the Nov 7th post on this board .. sorry :oops:
I got it from my CD news update of Nov 11, 2011 "
Charming Contessa Commends Classy Celebrity Baron, Worcester on 9th Nov 2011 - Celebrity Cruises - Equinox

Dave .. My point is only as we agreed awhile agos not to carry prior blips over into this forum. And to behave ourselves (as much as one can)
You all elected to Lock one of my threads , fair enough , I accept that call for that moment but the public blog in question and the person in question per a recent exchange has never enjoyed so much entertainment. All I'm doing is stating thos eof us with knowledge can easily put two and three together.

Cheers /Rob :)
RobBar

Postby RobBar » 14 Nov 2011 21:00

Stan Deasy wrote:Hi Rob...I am quite happy to have that bit of my post deleted,even though The member in question did once tell me pictorially that I was "Up my own A**e." But as Chaplain,my forgiveness is,and should be boundless. Regards Sensitive Stan.

Thank you Stan, takes a big man to adjust :D regardless if they are a man of the cloth :lol:

It was not a slight
RobBar

Postby RobBar » 14 Nov 2011 21:07

[quote="Dave ,
I would argue that this isn't a personal remark about a member of another forum; only that Stan finds their comment unbelievable. I have to say that I also find many of that person's comments unbelievable - especially the one about me starting this forum in order to sell your email addresses! :o
[/quote]

Dave,, all of us have hurts :( and but as you said a month or so ago, we have moved on. Water under the bridge. You have started an idea and be proud for its growth. One might say a negative comment caused you to create something positive. Enjoy the new grounds. :D
RobBar

Previous