Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Celebrity Silhouette 23rd Sept 2014

Celebrity Silhouette 23rd Sept 2014

Re: Celebrity Silhouette 23rd Sept 2014

Postby issyalex » 19 Oct 2014 10:24

sevenseascoaster wrote:That all sounds like you had great fun Issy. That was a great itinerary and would have loved to have done it, but as you know it clashed with our trip. I expect you staggered off the Ship after all that 'booooze' :lol: What a difference a package makes!!

Were there any other noticeable differences between the Ships apart from the Hideaway, which sound an excellent idea, wish the Eclipse had it? As to the slanted hump position, P had already pointed out to me that it wouldn't be as good as to our normal hump position, (you know him always right!!) we had the same problem with the sunshine on our balcony on the slant.

Expect you are suffering now from cruise withdrawal symptoms? :lol:

We also wished you and P were with us, maybe next time? :D

Some of the decor was different but that's about all Wen, home from home. I felt that we didn't see much of the ship as it was so port intensive so we were off every day all day.

The hideaway is a great idea and hopefully they will install one during the refit. The hideaway had some seats that were semi covered over so you could sit and people watched or as Alex said I could be nosey without being noticed! :lol: the tea and coffee station was well used throughout the day, from People in their pj's getting their first cup of caffeine to a cuppa while getting ready for dinner from decks 6, 7 and 8 as the cups were the paper Costa type with lids.

If I had booked a cabin on the side hump but facing forward then we would have had more sun but maybe more wind hence the reason I booked one facing aft. I guess sun on your balcony is a hit or a miss but mainly a miss

Next years cruise booked a TA on the Eclipse So'ton to Miami via Boston, New York overnight, Bermuda overnight and Fort Lauderdale. We are staying in either Miami or Fort Lauderdale for a few days post cruise. Our lovely American friends are doing this cruise and post cruise stay with us. You and P would love them :D . Lois is quieter and soft spoken and Duane is just Duane! He is so interested in the staff and where they are from, he loves to know the history about wherever he is visiting etc.
Don't want to work just want to cruise.
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby issyalex » 19 Oct 2014 10:25

Dave wrote:Thanks for the review Issy. We've just made our first booking with Celebrity and everything I read makes me think we've done the right thing!

You have Dave. We might convert you away from Fred. :D

What ship are you on and where too?
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 19 Oct 2014 10:39

issyalex wrote:
Dave wrote:Thanks for the review Issy. We've just made our first booking with Celebrity and everything I read makes me think we've done the right thing!

We were converted some time ago Issy! We've done seven and booked another five non-Fred cruises since we last did a Fred Olsen cruise. We have a soft spot for FO but no plans to return.

Our Celebrity cruise is here: I still can't believe this Eclipse deal!. There's a clue in the title. ;)
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Wansbrough » 19 Oct 2014 10:55

Great account of your experience on what is our favourite ship. We have been on her twice now and to date they have been our best 2 cruises.
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby issyalex » 19 Oct 2014 11:26

Wansbrough wrote:Great account of your experience on what is our favourite ship. We have been on here twice now and to date they have been our best 2 cruises.

We love celebrity and all of her classes for different reasons but I think the Silhouette was different was because her captain allowed his staff to be professional and to be themselves. The staff all had great personalities and interacted even more with the pax, which was great.

The captain was Emmanouil Alevropoulos who joined in several game shows. He was so funny, deadpan face with a dry sense of humour. The cruise director Sinan Ulucay was like a breath of fresh air. He excelled at comedy. The captain and Sinan are a great combination for a fun cruise. The captain was so proud of his staff.
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby issyalex » 19 Oct 2014 11:38

Dave wrote:
issyalex wrote:

We were converted some time ago Issy! We've done seven and booked another five non-Fred cruises since we last did a Fred Olsen cruise. We have a soft spot for FO but no plans to return.

Our Celebrity cruise is here: I still can't believe this Eclipse deal!. There's a clue in the title. ;)

I had a look at your link and all I can say is WOW!!! Is this deal still on?
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 19 Oct 2014 11:41

issyalex wrote:
Dave wrote:...

Yes, for another few weeks I gather.
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby issyalex » 19 Oct 2014 17:39

Dave wrote:
issyalex wrote:
Dave wrote:...

Yes, for another few weeks I gather.

I would love to book this for my grandson for his 18th next year but i think it falls within his higher exams. :(
issyalex
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tiggertastic » 15 Feb 2015 11:26

Hi

we got off the day you got on, we had a fantastic time too. I agree with you on the hump balcony, we too had one a few times and never been able to work out whether we should be facing forward or backwards. In september we didn't get any sun but having one in the same location at christmas, it was like an oven, so not quite worked it out yet. Not ready to give them up yet as the space is fabulous.

Interesting how little things differed.We struggled each night to get a table in select dining with the maitre D saying there was always a 45 minute wait, unless we booked in advance and the historic 'just turn up' no longer works. so a few nights we went elsewhere and really enjoyed a couple of evenings sat out the back of the buffet where the only other diners were officers.

We had lots of toiletries in the cabin and anything missing we asked the steward for and he brought it and automatically replenished it.

Loved the little disco that appeared next to the martini bar after 11pm each evening, made it big change to the boom boom music that usually was piped out. We had Sinan as the cruise director and we'd met him before on NCL and I cried laughing a few times at the game shows he did in celebrity central

Overall we had a great time, even if we were the only daft ones to jump in the pool fully clothes in the solarium disco they did one evening, we got a medal for that left on our cabin door with a little thank you note

Have to praise the crew, they were wonderful
tiggertastic
Ensign
Ensign

Previous