Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Gill's 2014 Christmas Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Summit - with Fred

Gill's 2014 Christmas Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Summit - with Fred

Postby Jimmy the One » 17 Jan 2015 13:43

Sorry Dave forgot we're not meant to mention Lord Vordemort by name ;)
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 17 Jan 2015 14:33

Jimmy the One wrote:Sorry Dave forgot we're not meant to mention Lord Vordemort by name ;)

Hi Jim. It's not that exactly. In our Forum Rules I wrote: "...it's not part of our ethos to post personal remarks about members of other forums..." :angel:

Since the post to which you refer was on another forum then that statement applies. (Of course, blogs are another matter... ;))
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 18 Jan 2015 14:27

After seeing your remark about Bolsover, Jimmy and Dave, I signed up so I could see the thread in question. I note he carefully omitted the FACTS that a) I had written the relevant Authorised Approved application numbers in our passports, b) the Authorisations showed up on the customer computers (which obviously I would have printed off if there had been that facility) and c) the airport staff themselves confirmed on their Smartphones that we actually had the ESTAs and apologised for the fact they they didn't show on their desktop computers. And I think it speaks for itself that if we had NOT had the relevant documenation, then they would not have booked us on alternative flights at no extra charge, but would have made us bear the cost ourselves. However, I refuse to dignify his insinuations of negligence with a response, and he can keep his schadenfreude to himself!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby grannyM » 18 Jan 2015 16:16

Gillzajoker wrote:After seeing your remark about Bolsover, Jimmy and Dave, I signed up so I could see the thread in question. I note he carefully omitted the FACTS that a) I had written the relevant Authorised Approved application numbers in our passports, b) the Authorisations showed up on the customer computers (which obviously I would have printed off if there had been that facility) and c) the airport staff themselves confirmed on their Smartphones that we actually had the ESTAs and apologised for the fact they they didn't show on their desktop computers. And I think it speaks for itself that if we had NOT had the relevant documenation, then they would not have booked us on alternative flights at no extra charge, but would have made us bear the cost ourselves. However, I refuse to dignify his insinuations of negligence with a response, and he can keep his schadenfreude to himself!

I rarely comment - prefer not to feed the ego - but just this once Gill. :thumbup:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Wansbrough » 18 Jan 2015 16:36

What a thoroughly entertaining review, it makes me want to go back to the Caribbean right now. :D
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Barry » 18 Jan 2015 18:33

Thought I'd replied to this thread :roll: been catching up since return, shame about the palaver en route, but well worth it in the end 8-) I have a similar picture in St Lucia where you're stood in front of the tree, but without the gear for the runway, prefer feet on floor :oops: take my hat off to you for doing the run :!: Great read, wanna go back :mrgreen:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 Jan 2015 16:15

Thank you, Marie, Wansbrough and Barry. This confirms yet again why we are known as 'the friendly forum'. :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Previous