Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Braemar to Caribbean in December 2017

Braemar to Caribbean in December 2017

Postby Jeffo » 05 Dec 2017 08:10

adogap wrote:I am so envious, have a GREAT time!

Chris

Thank you Chris - and have a lovely time on Queen Victoria.
Jeff
Booked Cruises:
31 August 2018 Astoria - Poole/Rouen/Honfleur/Poole
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (8), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1)
Jeffo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby adogap » 09 Dec 2017 13:37

Braemar making her way towards Funchal early this afternoon after 4 days at sea. Weather looks great and temperature a very enviable 19 degrees. Have a good day in Madeira Jeff and kwizbet09!

fullsize.jpeg

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 09 Dec 2017 19:15

adogap wrote:Braemar making her way towards Funchal early this afternoon after 4 days at sea. Weather looks great and temperature a very enviable 19 degrees. Have a good day in Madeira Jeff and kwizbet09!

fullsize.jpeg

Chris

I have friends in Madeira at present and the weather has been lovely. CMV Columbus docked there today as couldn't dock at an island off the Azores due to weather.... Turned out good for our friends as they had family on the ship so met up with them.
Have a good time on Braemer Jeff and kwizbet09
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Braemar to Caribbean in December 2017

Postby kwizbet09 » 23 Dec 2017 12:34

It's so sad when your cruise finishes and your back to normality at home although getting back to my little family is a pleasure.
It was so nice to met up with a fellow cruise mate subscriber Jeffo and his partner Ricky who I met when he was wearing his Cruise mates Polo shirt and later found we were straight across from each other's cabins so we chatted a lot about cruising.
We got onto the ship later than expected due to returning from dry docking and found out later the pools were not finished and were given a payoff of £75 to be used on ship , it was 7 days before one pool was available and the other was still not ready when I disembarked although it wasn't until we arrived in Madeira we could have used a pool anyway, the weather after that was lovely and all the sea days I was improving my tan ,it was a lot of sea days and a lot of passengers thought it was to much but I enjoyed them all.
I played a part in Martin Daniels show and got plenty laughs and sang with the band on another night although I felt the band was to young for the age of the passengers.
The show company was good as well even with two new members and the guitarist Luke was just as good but it was one of the hosts who stole the show when giving a chance SAM was outstanding.
I did four tours and enjoyed most of them although the train in St Kitts was not as good as I expected and the Adrenaline Zipline was not great in St Lucia as I felt it was more for kids and teens.
One change that was discovered on board was that on all inclusive doubles have been withdrawn and only single shots allowed.
Over all this is a cruise I would do again but would never book early as I know the cruise is never full and deals can be found late.
I made many new friends and I would say most of the people knew who I was and that's what I always aim for so it was successful .
kwizbet09
Ensign
Ensign

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby divingbrit » 23 Dec 2017 17:34

Eco Kayak & Snorkeling and Barbados Catamaran Lunch Cruise, are two we have chosen, also doing the Calypso Island on Grenada and finally Gems of Aruda, everything else,(mainly gardens or beaches will be done by local Taxi )
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby kwizbet09 » 24 Dec 2017 12:29

divingbrit wrote:Eco Kayak & Snorkeling and Barbados Catamaran Lunch Cruise, are two we have chosen, also doing the Calypso Island on Grenada and finally Gems of Aruda, everything else,(mainly gardens or beaches will be done by local Taxi )

O yea both the Kayak & Snorkelling and Catamaran Lunch Cruise I would definitely do again ,although I hope you see more than 1 turtle and a chance to see the wreck as the silt was up and it was abandoned.
kwizbet09
Ensign
Ensign

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby divingbrit » 04 Feb 2018 09:42

O yea both the Kayak & Snorkelling and Catamaran Lunch Cruise I would definitely do again ,although I hope you see more than 1 turtle and a chance to see the wreck as the silt was up and it was abandoned.

Well both these were outstanding in different ways.
The Eco tour stared in rain which got heavier and heavier, toughly wet before even getting to the kayaking, and that was hard work, but fun, snorkeling was abandoned after the current was too strong, so what was left to do but sit in the warm sea drinking rumpunch, tad strong, everyone had too much, I had to be helped off the boat, Lynn almost fell back into the boat, and one bloke was found face down in the sand !

Laughter all the was home, an experience not to be missed

Barbados Catamaran Lunch Cruise,was one of the best tours ever, there was only a couple of dozen of us on a boat that could hold 85, so plenty of room, sun all the way, Coffee and cake to start the day, Turtles saw five, and a large porcupine fish, and then onto the shipwreck which was just full of fish, One of the great crew asked if he could take my 'underwater' go pro down to photo inside of the ship, and then a lovely lunch with choice of red or white wine, then a swim to the beach, before back for rum punch and more cake, it was a great time
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby kwizbet09 » 17 Apr 2018 19:57

Pity about the rain but I had a great laugh thinking of the rumpunch as yea I had to much but managed to stay incontrol .
You had better luck with seeing the turtles and the ship wreck as I struggled to see one , I would also agree the Catamaran Lunch Cruise was the best thing I enjoyed on my cruise and would do it every time I visited Barbados.
I have booked to do the same cruise in 2019 and would you believe I'm in the exact cabin I was in in 2017.
Perhaps if the prices go down near to Dec this year I could do it 3 years in a row.
kwizbet09
Ensign
Ensign

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous