Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Swedish Waterways Sept 2018

Swedish Waterways Sept 2018

Postby Toongirl » 13 Sep 2018 22:14

In a couple of weeks time we will be on Balmoral heading for Sweden. This is a similar cruise to the one Jmmy did earlier in the year and we are grateful for his info to help us to make the most of our trip.
My husband has been in poor health recently but he is keen to see more of Sweden and is particularly keen to see the Vasa Museum, which we missed the last time we visited Stockholm on a Baltic cruise.
The cruise goes to Malmo, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Visby. There are more sea days than I would like but this will be beneficial for Robert so he can give a good rest in between ports. It leaves from Newcastle so it’s a short taxi ride to the ship.
We are docked in Stockholm for two nights so we have a good opportunity to explore on our own. However, my husband says I have to leave him in the ship when I go to the ABBA Museum in the last morning!
Toongirl
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Mungo » 14 Sep 2018 08:01

Hope you have a lovely time Angela. :thumbup: Hope it helps your husband on his road to recovery.

Enjoy the Vasa Museum. Really enjoyed our visit there. Ooh......ABBA museum is on my list for the next time we visit. :mrgreen:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby grannyM » 14 Sep 2018 09:42

I really like the sound of this cruise Angela. :thumbup:

Plenty of restful sea days in between ports it is probably a good thing considering your husband's health this year. I hope you both have a lovely time. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Swedish Waterways Sept 2018

Postby Camela » 14 Sep 2018 09:57

I love Scandinavia and would like to do both the museums you mention as we couldn't fit them in last cruise. I agree about sea days though OH loves them but as you say your husband can rest which is a good thing. Enjoy getting ready for it.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 14 Sep 2018 10:22

Hope you both have a brilliant time on this cruise, Angela :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Toongirl » 14 Sep 2018 16:06

Thank you all. Marie, the same cruise sails from Rosyth in June if you are interested.
Angela
Toongirl
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 14 Sep 2018 16:20

Toongirl wrote:Thank you all. Marie, the same cruise sails from Rosyth in June if you are interested.
Angela

Thank you Angela. I think Jim sailed from there this year but I wasn't sure it was doing it again next year. Will keep it in mind though. :thumbup:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Jimmy the One » 16 Sep 2018 15:30

Have a great cruise Angela Hope you enjoy Balmoral as much as we did :thumbup: :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland