Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - NCL Epic... Amazing week...

NCL Epic... Amazing week...

Postby Trace » 12 Jun 2018 12:46

Lady W wrote:
Trace wrote:We aren't what I would call 'posh' .... we are a normal type of family, but we were amazed at the way people dressed.. People in the mdr in shorts and baseball caps... Doesn't offend me, but it's nice to see people make a little effort at night, hubby not one for getting suited up but he does like to wear a smart shirt and trousers. He was overdressed!

Yes, I know what you mean.
On our cruise I got my eyes open too. There was an extremely obese girl who wore skintight lycra clothes, she had an apron of fat hanging round her middle and there was always a gap showing about 6” of flesh. She was getting lots of looks in the Lido restaurant but it didn’t seem to bother her.
Also a black guy (I’m not racist) with a baseball cap that seemed to be superglued to his head :D along with a pair of dark sunglasses and gold ‘bling’ jewellery.

We used to meet up for a drink before dinner in a bar on deck 7, think called Maltings Bar, well when looking through our photos, there is a man in the back ground, sat on one of the leather sofas that we sat on most evenings, in pair of shorts, a baseball cap, and with his crossed legs with his bare feet on the sofa!
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: NCL Epic... Amazing week...

Postby khkate » 12 Jun 2018 14:06

Thanks for your review - glad it all went so well - will make it easier to consider a cruise in the future.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby grannyM » 12 Jun 2018 16:55

Thank you Trace for taking the time to do your review of Epic and the ports you visited. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts. Glad you all had such a great time. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 12 Jun 2018 19:26

thanks for the review enjoyed reading glad your family enjoyed going up the tower like we did. Actually we also noticed a lot of people who didn't dress for dinner wandering around in shorts and vests at night. I don't really care what other people wear each to their own but I have never seen so many people in shorts in the evening as I did on last cruise. There was even one family 3 little boys aged between about 3-6 dressed in white shirts and bow ties with dress trousers looked so cute, mummy was dressed in a stunning dress dad was in a football shirt and shorts which kind of ruined the look :lol: :lol: but each to their own.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Re: NCL Epic... Amazing week...

Postby avidcruiser » 12 Jun 2018 22:07

Lovely review and it seems a great time had by all, Trace.
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Postby Mungo » 13 Jun 2018 05:49

Sounds as though a great time was had! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing!
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Previous