Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - 15 days on the NORWEGIAN DAWN (Part 2)

15 days on the NORWEGIAN DAWN (Part 2)

Re: 15 days on the DAWN (Part 2)

Postby grannyM » 09 May 2011 18:21

Thank you so much Pete. I will look at your suggestions. We just thought since it would be our first fly-cruise we may be better to play safe and go with the fly-cruise price. I haven't enquired yet if the price they quote includes ex-Glasgow so just thinking about all the options at the moment.
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Skier Pete » 09 May 2011 18:31

grannyM wrote:Thank you so much Pete. I will look at your suggestions. We just thought since it would be our first fly-cruise we may be better to play safe and go with the fly-cruise price. I haven't enquired yet if the price they quote includes ex-Glasgow so just thinking about all the options at the moment.

make sure the flights go to Marco Polo as Treviso is some way out Venice and trasfer times are significantly longer.

If you've never been to Venice go the day before and spend some time looking around . by using the water buses ( not water taxis which are very expensive) for which you can buy cheap 12,24, 36 or 48 hour tickets. The earlier link I gave does water buses and Hotels as well,.

Pete
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 09 May 2011 19:07

That's good advice Pete. Thanks again. The reason we quite fancy these 2 is that we will be back and forth to Venice so should be able to spend some time on the 'change over' day, although we could always have a night or two there beforehand if we did arrange our own flights. Definitely something to think about.
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Skier Pete » 09 May 2011 19:28

grannyM wrote:That's good advice Pete. Thanks again. The reason we quite fancy these 2 is that we will be back and forth to Venice so should be able to spend some time on the 'change over' day, although we could always have a night or two there beforehand if we did arrange our own flights. Definitely something to think about.

Beware of problems caused by fog we were delayed by 5 hours when coming back from a cruise ( in October) so planning a middle day in Venice may not work out too well and it's also a good reason for going one or two days earlier.
Pete

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Skier Pete » 09 May 2011 19:45

grannyM wrote:That's good advice Pete. Thanks again. The reason we quite fancy these 2 is that we will be back and forth to Venice so should be able to spend some time on the 'change over' day, although we could always have a night or two there beforehand if we did arrange our own flights. Definitely something to think about.

Marie you say you are going later in the year. I just looked at the BA site and chosen a couple of random dates , 15 days apart

Friday 0th Sept Glasgow to venice £124
Sunday 1st October venice to glasgow £134

Flights in oct vary from £77 to £207 so some flights are getting booked up so it may well be time to act .Don't forget its half term from 22nd - 30 OCtober so flights will be busy. Some of the Cruise lines (eg MSC) block book some seats on BA flights for their fly / cruises and hence the prices are starting to go up..

Hope this is useful

Pete

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Previous