Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Our Review of NCL Epic W Med June 19th 2011

Our Review of NCL Epic W Med June 19th 2011

Re: Our Review of NCL Epic W Med June 19th 2011

Postby Jimmy the One » 11 Jul 2011 10:03

Excellent review enjoyed reading it :D
Jim
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Janet » 12 Jul 2011 21:25

Superb review Jean, NCL for whatever reason never appealed to me, but have to say after reading Pete's and Wansborugh's
reviews now your very positive one has certainly changed my mind.

Janet
Janet
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby jocap » 15 Jul 2011 00:01

The first time we sailed with NCL was from Southampton. Now, our previous cruise had been a very stuffy one on Aurora, where you had 3 different dress codes, and had to be in your seat at such and such a time....
Instead, I remember saying to G., as we sat drinking beer in the Great Outside, and eating a free ice-cream...."We don't have to do ANYTHING!"
That became our motto on Ncl, and some evenings we didn't even bother having a full meal, just wandered about and grazed!
It changed our thinking about cruises, and we signed up for another NCL the day after stepping off Jade.
Ventura is the nearest thing to her now, and that mainly because of sailing from Soton.
Jo.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 15 Jul 2011 07:58

Thanks for that really detailed review Jean. I really enjoyed it. We are going on Jade in September, a first with NCL, and pleased to hear what you and Jo have said about it. We really fancied Epic, especially after Wansbrough's review, but the itinerary on the Jade cruise was more appealing since it's all new ports for us.
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous