Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - NCL Jade - March 2012

NCL Jade - March 2012

Re: NCL Jade - March 2012

Postby Stan Deasy » 31 Mar 2012 21:07

Hi Tiggy,nice review,short and sweet(ish). NCL keeps threatening to go on our list,and then we change our minds...but it's now back on. The Barcelona one was a good price,so we will keep our eyes for bargains. Actually,we did a review of our cruise on MSC Musica a couple of years back,and the final sentence was "Sorry MSC...never again!".Well,guess which principled people have booked 2 cruises on MSC Opera(Black Sea and St. Petersburg) this year because the price is right...you're right..Stan and May. ;)
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Postby Janet » 01 Apr 2012 14:58

Enjoyed your review, great tip about the left luggage facility.

Janet
Janet
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Tiggy » 01 Apr 2012 15:35

jocap wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed your NCL cruise, Tiggy......we'd like to sail with her again, and are looking at Easyjet, as the NCL flight arrangements to B/C were a nightmare! The crew can overdo it, but I've noticed that on American ships; then UK managed ones with crew trained to be quieter, get it in the neck for not being friendly....:(
Jo.

Hi Jo
I know what you mean about the crew but they were friendly and that is the main thing. :D
Tiggy
Tiggy
Chief Purrser
Chief Purrser

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Tiggy » 01 Apr 2012 15:52

Stan Deasy wrote:Hi Tiggy,nice review,short and sweet(ish). NCL keeps threatening to go on our list,and then we change our minds...but it's now back on. The Barcelona one was a good price,so we will keep our eyes for bargains. Actually,we did a review of our cruise on MSC Musica a couple of years back,and the final sentence was "Sorry MSC...never again!".Well,guess which principled people have booked 2 cruises on MSC Opera(Black Sea and St. Petersburg) this year because the price is right...you're right..Stan and May. ;)

Hi Stan
I think it is commendable that highly-principled people such as May and yourself are willing to give MSC another chance to prove themselves to you so I hope they realise this and make sure you are well looked after. :lol:
Seriously though, I would like to think that cruise lines do read reviews and act accordingly, where possible. So maybe we should give some of them a second chance, particularly if they can get the main things right (accommodation, hygiene, food) and have a fair price.
Best wishes
T
Tiggy
Tiggy
Chief Purrser
Chief Purrser

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 07 Apr 2012 12:44

Just got round to reading your excellent review Tigs. I'm so glad that you found Jade better than you expected. It was the same for us. We had thought about an NCL cruise the year they stopped going out of UK and then dismissed it. It was the itinerary that sold it for us last year and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, as you know from my own review, after reading Jo's recommendation.

I'm sorry the Garden cafe was a nightmare for you as we ate there lots of times and never found it to be as bad you describe. It was a busy place but we never had a bother getting a table. In fact we thought the selection and quality of food and the lay-out of stations was about the best of any ship's buffet we'd previously experienced. What impressed us most about it was the quick and efficient way the tables were cleared and the whole place thoroughly cleaned in between opening times. The buffet restaurant lay-out on Eurodam was also excellent but the limited opening times and choice at night left a lot to be desired compared to Jade's. I agree about the Grand Pacific and we too preferred the Alizar.

Your itinerary is one we fancy doing on Jade but it will need to be later in the year as we couldn't fit a cruise in before Jade went back to the Adriatic and Greek Islands itinerary for summer.

Really enjoyed your review, thanks. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Barrowboy » 07 Apr 2012 17:27

Me as well, got around to reading it that is Tig :) Glad you enjoyed it, we have never considered NCL for a cruise
but by the sound of it its quite a good line - who knows maybe sometime in the future......
David
Barrowboy
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby JollyJill » 07 Apr 2012 17:37

We quite fancy trying NCL too but as Marie says, they don't sail from the UK anymore. That said, if we saw an itinerary we really fancy and the flight is not too long then we might consider it.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

NCL Jade - March 2012

Postby dopeyngrumpy » 10 Apr 2012 20:21

We've done NCL a few times and do rate them highly, I am Platinum with them now so happy to pass on tips and tricks if anyone has questions

David
dopeyngrumpy
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
England

Postby Gemma » 12 Apr 2012 18:51

jocap wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed your NCL cruise, Tiggy......we'd like to sail with her again, and are looking at Easyjet, as the NCL flight arrangements to B/C were a nightmare! The crew can overdo it, but I've noticed that on American ships; then UK managed ones with crew trained to be quieter, get it in the neck for not being friendly....:(
Jo.

How true - we thought the big smile and fond greetings rather OTT. Rather too friendly really and so felt artificial. Could all the crew be SO thrilled to see us each time they passed us.
We never had a problem finding seats in the theatre . Although the Garden Cafe Buffet was always crowded, we did manage to find a table at the end. We often took our plates out to eat in the relative peace and quiet of the deck.......and had to sanitize our hands each time we went back into the Buffet.
Gemma
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Malta

Previous