Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Norwegian Jade 10N Katakolon Athens Kusadasi Istanbul Naples Rome (Greece and Turkey)

Norwegian Jade 10N Katakolon Athens Kusadasi Istanbul Naples Rome (Greece and Turkey)

Norwegian Jade 10N Katakolon Athens Kusadasi Istanbul Naples Rome (Greece and Turkey)

Postby iluvcruising2 » 17 Jan 2015 14:02

We dined mainly in the main dining restaurants. However, we would also go check out the buffet, just to see what was being served. This evening, I decided to take you on a video tour. Here is the video link -

On another evening, there was a grill Mediterranean theme

Overall, the food selection at the buffet was good. The Asian selection every evening was also very good. The pasta station was excellent - this was available for both lunch and dinner, with pastas freshly made for you.

One highlight of dinner was the crepe station. Nutella crepes were available! But go early, as they only have a limited number of Nutella crepes each night. The chef said he could only open a limited number of Nutella bottles each evening. Of course, they had the normal chocolate sauce, even if Nutella had run out.

The main dinner buffet starts at 5:30pm and ends at 9:30pm.
iluvcruising2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Singapore

Postby Skier Pete » 17 Jan 2015 22:52

Thanks for a great review. one thing I can say is

SNAP!!

Our coffee machine in a Romance suite on Norwegian Dawn

Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Skier Pete » 17 Jan 2015 23:04

iluvcruising2 wrote:I believe suites on Royal Caribbean do not have this, correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'm afraid you stand corrected

They do have them but the NCL version is in a league of its own

RCI tea an coffee facilities (in a Grand Suite)
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby iluvcruising2 » 18 Jan 2015 13:56

Skier Pete wrote:
iluvcruising2 wrote:I believe suites on Royal Caribbean do not have this, correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'm afraid you stand corrected

They do have them but the NCL version is in a league of its own

RCI tea an coffee facilities (in a Grand Suite)

Thanks for the correction!
iluvcruising2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Singapore

Postby iluvcruising2 » 18 Jan 2015 13:57

Day 2 was a Sea Day. Very relaxing. For breakfast, we tried Cagney's for the very first time and loved it. Thereafter, we had breakfast at Cagney's every day, except for one day where we were getting off the ship early for a private tour and so we called for breakfast room service.

We were sailing on the Norwegian Jade out of Rome to Greece and Turkey, and stayed in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite. One of the suite perks was to the privilege to have breakfast at Cagney's. This was a wonderful perk indeed. We loved the breakfast as well as the service and attention from the staff. Well done Cagney's!

In this video, I go through the selection available for breakfast, including the buffet area, waffles, hot cakes, french toast, crab cakes benedict, steak and eggs!

For my kids, they either chose hot cakes or waffle, or they would ask for bacon, eggs and hash browns. My wife would sometimes ask for an omelette with fillings of her choice.

The self-serve buffet area did not have toast. You had to ask the service staff to get you the toast, either white or brown.

Fruits and dried fruits available at the buffet selection.

My personal favourites were the Crab Cake Benedict and Steak and Eggs.

This was the Crab Cake Benedict, half-eaten.

Overall, this was a great perk. We loved the breakfast at Cagney's.

iluvcruising2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Singapore

Postby iluvcruising2 » 18 Jan 2015 13:59

A compilation of videos I made on Day 2, Sea Day.

First was from the sun deck, where passengers were out to view the passing Mt Stromboli island. At 1:40, you can see the village at the foot of the active volcano. Quite an impressive sight.

At 2:23, I go explore the shops. Spacious shopping.

The Internet area at 3:39. The Internet manager was there to answer questions. There were about 7 PCs that you could use. I bought an Internet package of 100 minutes (with 10 minutes free) for us. I had to keep in touch with office. The Wi-Fi was pretty fast. I used my own iPad.

The Centrum area from 4:00, showing you guest services, restaurant reservations and shore excursions. I believe the loyalty office is located next to the shore excursions, that is where you can book you next cruise.

5:10 - I go through the drinks menu of the Aloha cafe, showing you the prices.

At 5:50, some Bingo activity at the Spinmaker Lounge.

At 6:22, some mass dancing going on. Very interesting.
iluvcruising2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Singapore

Postby iluvcruising2 » 18 Jan 2015 14:00

Deck 11 - Forward, You can get the see the Bridge and observe the Bridge crew. They had some instruments for you to look at as well. When I was there, the ship was sailing at 16.5 knots. They put up a very nice and detailed map of the cruise route.

The video link is here.

The list is called 'Navigate to your drink'. Very cool.

I made a video of the drinks menu. Beers!

Example

Beer & Cider - $5.25 (add an additional 15% gratuity)
Amstel Light, Heineken Light, Bass Pale Ale, Molson Canadian, Beck's, Newcastle Brown Ale, Birra Moretti, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Buckler (non-alcoholic), Pilsner Urquell, Bud Light Premium, Samuel Adams, Corona Extra, Boston Lager, Corona Light, Stella Artois, Dos Equis Lager, Strongbow cider, Heineken

I can't remember the exact prices on Royal, but I think they are largely the same.
iluvcruising2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Singapore

Postby iluvcruising2 » 20 Jan 2015 09:08

Walking around Deck 7. We spent a lot of time doing this because we felt very full (and fat) after all the gorgeous food. I like it very much that we can walk around the ship at Deck 7, unlike the Royal ships that I have been on. We much prefer to walk here because the walk is sheltered and less windy, compared to walking on the sun decks.

I sound very strange in the video because the video was sped up.

Something fun. This was during one of the sea days and I was exploring the ship, people watching.

I came across these two chinese couples playing ping pong with a whole lot of gusto. The lady in red, on the left, looked to be at least in her early 60s. Yet her footwork still looked pretty good.

Happy cruising!
iluvcruising2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Singapore

Re: Norwegian Jade 10N Katakolon Athens Kusadasi Istanbul Naples Rome (Greece and Turkey)

Postby jocap » 21 Jan 2015 18:33

Thank you so much! It's a few years now since we had our two cruises on Jade, but they remain some of the best, as does the ship. I loved the buffet, and haven't found one as good on any line yet.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 22 Jan 2015 22:07

Really enjoyed this, we were in port with the Jade at Katakolon and we hope to go on her one day, looks a fab ship. :)
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext