Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Bobbyoscar on Azura - July 2016

Bobbyoscar on Azura - July 2016

Postby Mungo » 05 Aug 2016 21:24

bobbyoscar wrote:It was lovely meeting you too :wave:

Sue, in future, whenever I hear Gibraltar mentioned, I shall think of how we almost had Andy sitting alongside us or we almost lost him out of the back door in that taxi. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All will be revealed in the Review.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus Pete suddenly disappearing after taking our photo! :shock:

It's a shame we didn't get a photo of the 4 of us. :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Bobbyoscar on Azura - July 2016

Postby grannyM » 06 Aug 2016 11:01

khkate wrote:Welcome home Glynis and Andy. Will catch up with you soon and looking forward to learning more about the cruise.

Also thanks to Marie for taking over the updates - move went well but we have had/still have issues with internet connection.

You're too kind Lesley. I only had to take over for a few posts at the end - you did the majority and during a busy time of preparing for your move too. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby bobbyoscar » 06 Aug 2016 13:27

sparkiethecruiser wrote: its reading a bit like a carry on film script.

Strange, you should say that as it's exactly what I said whilst on board. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I became quite friendly with reception :oops:

The first morning the tv remote wouldn't work properly, so a call to reception.

10 mins later, someone at the door with a new remote.

That afternoon, same problem with the remote so another call to reception.

The remote changed for another one.

Over the next three hours I had three calls from reception checking that the remote was still working plus a visit from the deputy manager (housekeeping) to check it was working.

Over the next couple of days I needed to speak with reception as to the arrangements for our tour to Rome and they needed to speak with me on a couple of occasions regarding allowing someone to come to our cabin to check the emergency pulls in our w/access cabin worked.

It always seemed to be the same person I would be speaking with, so it soon became like speaking to an 'old friend' :D

Cruises booked:
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu - Gibraltar
February 2019 – P & O Aurora - Andalsnes – Tromso – Alta – Stavanger
September 2019 - P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Previous