Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - NOW COMPLETE Azura A619 Western Med 22 July - 5th Aug 2016

NOW COMPLETE Azura A619 Western Med 22 July - 5th Aug 2016

Azura A619 Western Med 22 July - 5th Aug 2016

Postby Mungo » 12 Aug 2016 21:22

bobbyoscar wrote:
Mungo wrote:
I take it on Azura or possibly Ventura Glynis?

Ventura has the itinerary for 2017 that we'd like to do for 2018. We'll have to wait and see what is available on 5th Sept.

:thumbup:

Hope they have plenty to choose from. Just realised I have a big birthday in 2018! :shock: :lol: Will be looking out for something special! :lol:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby bobbyoscar » 12 Aug 2016 21:38

Mungo wrote: Just realised I have a big birthday in 2018! :shock: :lol: Will be looking out for something special! :lol:

How exciting :thumbup:

Cruises booked:
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu - Gibraltar
February 2019 – P & O Aurora - Andalsnes – Tromso – Alta – Stavanger
September 2019 - P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Azura A619 Western Med 22 July - 5th Aug 2016

Postby sevenseascoaster » 13 Aug 2016 17:18

Just caught up with your pictures Glynis, excellent, full marks to Andy too. I saw Azura in a different light from other pictures I have seen of her in the past. Looks like the outdoor chairs and been replaced and other areas have had a refurb?. So glad you found it was wheelchair accessible. Sounds as you have really bitten the 'cruising bug' now :D and long may it last. :)
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Aug 2016 12:08

Ports now complete, please scroll to the beginning - Phew! :D

Cruises booked:
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu - Gibraltar
September 2019 - P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Mungo » 15 Aug 2016 12:55

bobbyoscar wrote:Ports now complete, please scroll to the beginning - Phew! :D

Yay! Well done Glynis and Andy! :clap:

I thought the itinerary we had was great. :mrgreen: So glad you had such a wonderful time in Rome for your anniversary and how on earth can we ever forget our "adventure" in Gibraltar! :lol:

I 'll add a few bits regarding the ports but how about a photo us on solid rock in Gibraltar! :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 15 Aug 2016 13:33

bobbyoscar wrote:Thanks, folks, for your comments. Hard to think that a week ago today we were braving the M25 to return home.

Kath, I think you are correct when you say that disabled accessibility has to be our number one priority. I would so like to sail on a much smaller ship but from all the research I have done, the smaller ships tend to be older and are very often unsuitable. They are fine if you can walk a few steps or are not confined to a w/chair all the time.

Thankfully, we grew to like Azura very much as she certainly ticks all the boxes for accessibility.

funny I was thinking about this earlier wouldn't it be great if one of the companies built a modern smaller ship similar in size to say the black watch that was fully wheelchair assessable or as assessable as you can be at sea :lol:.

I have to admit I'm terrible because of my job I am very aware of wheelchair access issues and everywhere I go I look out for this sort of thing and on the Balmoral I must have mentioned about 50 times the gradient of the ramps on deck 7 I think it was leading outside at the sides they where so steep I almost fell down them twice. However you could access the same deck through the back of the buffet restaurant and walk round without the need of the ramp just a longer walk. But that was the only really bad access issue that I saw on the ship not bad considering the age of Balmoral really. I really should have taken pictures to see it was to believe it I think the problem was that the actual stairs where way too steep to begin with but they have to have ramps there in case of an emergency.

Great reading so far only read up until the comment I have quoted going back to read rest now. BTW see the disappearing teenage brats after the second time the family should have been told if it happened again they would be kicked off.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 15 Aug 2016 13:37

Mungo wrote:
bobbyoscar wrote:
Mungo wrote:
I take it on Azura or possibly Ventura Glynis?

Ventura has the itinerary for 2017 that we'd like to do for 2018. We'll have to wait and see what is available on 5th Sept.

:thumbup:

Hope they have plenty to choose from. Just realised I have a big birthday in 2018! :shock: :lol: Will be looking out for something special! :lol:

No way your not going to be 50 are you??? :thumbup:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby Mungo » 15 Aug 2016 19:42

Ha ha Donna! If only! :lol:

Anyway, Glynis has now added the port reviews and I would just like to add a little here. Glynis had a wonderful day in Rome. Having visited there several times we decided this time to stay and explore Civitavecchia. The port shuttle drops off at the old bus station and it was a 10 minute or so walk to the town centre. There was a promenade with an assortment of cafes and a market was being held on it. There were a few beaches and we chose probably the most pebby one! :lol: we stayed on the beach for a couple of hours and enjoyed the warm sea. We had a very pleasant time. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Aug 2016 20:05

So, that's what you got up to :D

A great way to chill and watch the world go by.

I probably would have ended up on the pebbly beach too :lol:

Cruises booked:
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: NOW COMPLETE Azura A619 Western Med 22 July - 5th Aug 2016

Postby sevenseascoaster » 15 Aug 2016 20:13

Just caught up with the last pictures and Ports review Glynis, excellent all round. :)
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext