Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Gill's Ramblings on Jan. 2017 No Fly Cruise on Ventura

Gill's Ramblings on Jan. 2017 No Fly Cruise on Ventura

Postby Mungo » 04 Mar 2017 22:05

Thanks Gill. :D

P&O still remains my favourite cruise line but like you find some things not always to my liking but that differs depending on the ship and cruise. My experience of Azura last summer was better than my previous cruise on her. ;)
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Gill's Ramblings on Jan. 2017 No Fly Cruise on Ventura

Postby tomvet » 05 Mar 2017 03:13

Loved reading this Gill! Delighted you enjoyed your cruise despite some drawbacks and the shakiest of starts!

Tell us more about the 'session' in the laundry ???!!!??/
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Gillzajoker » 05 Mar 2017 14:11

Jeffo wrote:Enjoyed your ramblings Gill. Your style of writing always holds my interest. :)

Thanks, Jeffo :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Gill's Ramblings on Jan. 2017 No Fly Cruise on Ventura

Postby Gillzajoker » 05 Mar 2017 14:14

tomvet wrote:Loved reading this Gill! Delighted you enjoyed your cruise despite some drawbacks and the shakiest of starts!

Tell us more about the 'session' in the laundry ???!!!??/

Sorry to disappoint you, Tom - I just washed and dried some clothes, all on my ownsome!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Trace » 05 Mar 2017 17:20

I really enjoyed reading this Gill.
I loved the Ventura, we went on her for a week in 2014 and is still one of my favourite ships. We especially loved the Beach House on an evening, and East restaurant. The following year we went on Oceana, which was lovely, but the Ventura holds the happiest memories.
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 06 Mar 2017 16:08

We all have our favourites, Trace, even if we can not adequately justify them to others, vive la difference! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Trace » 06 Mar 2017 21:13

Gillzajoker wrote:We all have our favourites, Trace, even if we can not adequately justify them to others, vive la difference! :D

I agree Gill... Wouldn't do for us all to be the same. We are new to cruising, unlike yourself and other members on here.

We like to try a different ship every time.
We aren't big into cruising yet, tho we now are enjoying our one week a year. In time, we may want to do more.

It's funny... As you all are maybe aware... (Going off topic here...) my family and I just love Center Parcs... Have been more times than we can count since our children were young.. .. Our grandchildren now love it, even more than Disneyland Paris.... A friend of mine went in November, just a few days before us, to winter wonderland... They went home on 2nd day.. Didn't enjoy it at all. As I say, we are all different :)
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous