Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - AZURA FJORDS CRUISE

AZURA FJORDS CRUISE

Re: AZURA FJORDS CRUISE

Postby tomvet » 09 Jun 2011 01:12

Scenic in every respect by the sounds of it!

Scandinavian women are so ...................... polite! Its such a pleasure to be served by them!

Great review Pete. Now for the photos!
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Mungo » 23 Feb 2017 20:57

Mungo wrote:Thanks Pete!

Stavanger and Alesund will be new ports to me next month. :D Been to Bergen before.

I too wasn't that impressed with Azura. :( However having been on Ventura in May I liked her far more. Preferred the Red Bar to the Blue Bar, Ramblas to the Glass House. Enjoyed the Oasis area on Ventura instead of the fee paying Retreat on Azura which meant Ventura felt more spacious. Also Ventura's covered pool. Plus being able to walk around the top deck and prom on Ventura which you can't on Azura. I also felt Ventura's decor was brighter. Having said all that, if the right itinerary and price cam along then I would sail Azura again. ;)

Having read this from 2011, it just shows you how thoughts can change! :lol:

Since this post I have sailed on both Ventura and Azura again and I prefer Azura now! :thumbup:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 24 Feb 2017 20:08

Mungo wrote:
Mungo wrote:Thanks Pete!

Stavanger and Alesund will be new ports to me next month. :D Been to Bergen before.

I too wasn't that impressed with Azura. :( However having been on Ventura in May I liked her far more. Preferred the Red Bar to the Blue Bar, Ramblas to the Glass House. Enjoyed the Oasis area on Ventura instead of the fee paying Retreat on Azura which meant Ventura felt more spacious. Also Ventura's covered pool. Plus being able to walk around the top deck and prom on Ventura which you can't on Azura. I also felt Ventura's decor was brighter. Having said all that, if the right itinerary and price cam along then I would sail Azura again. ;)

Having read this from 2011, it just shows you how thoughts can change! :lol:

Since this post I have sailed on both Ventura and Azura again and I prefer Azura now! :thumbup:

Thank goodness you clarified that as I was thinking I had entered a parallel world. As I was thinking mungo told me she liked Ventura :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Previous