Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Spirit of Discovery Italian Premier

Spirit of Discovery Italian Premier

Postby rdw123 » 24 Jan 2020 16:58

Currently on Spirit somewhere off Lisbon. We are making progress slower than the captain expected so will be about an hour late into Heulva tomorrow. Sea is calm but think there is a swell as we are moving a little at times. What difference does an hour make. I like the boat, she is spacious and quiet after being on Sapphire. There are plenty of places to sit quietly and am getting used to the layout slowly. Being very well looked after as is usual. I do agree with previous comments about the fridge. Had to ring room service for a bucket of ice to finish off my champagne! If that is all I have to comment on I shall be doing very well! A sea day after Heulva and shall be trying out the fish restaurant, let you know my thoughts. They have arranged some singles tables for us. :thumbup:
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby grannyM » 25 Jan 2020 10:03

Pleased to know you are enjoying the ship and being well looked after. Hopefully the sea conditions stayed calm and you enjoy Heulva today. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 25 Jan 2020 11:49

Hope all stays good for you :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Spirit of Discovery Italian Premier

Postby khkate » 25 Jan 2020 16:30

Glad all going so well and that you like Discovery. One of my friends is also on that cruise and we get on when you get off. Enjoy your relatively warmer weather and hope you find some sunshine also!
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby rdw123 » 25 Jan 2020 21:09

A little bit of sunshine late in the day today, so sat on my balcony for a while before burns night celebrations. Been to the national park today. A bit soggy as they have had a lot of rain in the last few days but a brilliant trip. Saw the flamingos and also storks and cranes, a hoopoe plus lots of others. Sea day tomorrow and the next day and then Malta.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby judgegeoff » 25 Jan 2020 23:32

Thank you for posting from your current cruise Ruth, enjoy the rest of your time aboard. :)
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 26 Jan 2020 08:53

Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise with us, I really enjoy reading reviews. x
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby rdw123 » 27 Jan 2020 08:11

Today sees us off the coast of Algeria. It’s cloudy and cooler today not sunbathing weather. It was very warm yesterday afternoon and I found a quiet corner in the sun for a while. Supposed to be a Spanish Tapas event in the lido at lunchtime but unless the weather brightens up I think we may well have to decamp indoors. Tried the fish restaurant last night, it was very good. I had lobster thermidor. Another late night in the club listening to Stuart Anderson. Never had so many late nights in a row but that is what cruises are all about. Enjoying yourself and doing something different. Sitting on my balcony writing this and the sky looks to be showing signs of improvement. May be in the lido yet.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby khkate » 27 Jan 2020 15:09

Funnily enough - reading your post - we were Algiers a year ago today, but on Saga Pearl!. We had good weather, but after leaving there we had a very windy lumpy 24 hours! I wonder if the new Saga ship will be the cannon salute as she enters Valletta. I know the older Saga ships did because they were registered as Malta, but of course these new ones are registered in London.
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby rdw123 » 28 Jan 2020 07:03

Well gozo in sight. Apparently captain Burgess is opening up the front deck normally out of bounds. Told to expect plenty of noise! Keep you posted on that one. Weather warm and calm,hope it stays that way. Gozo now closer.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Next