Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - I Don't Enjoy Planning Meals

I Don't Enjoy Planning Meals

Postby tobysgranny » 04 Jul 2016 23:31

I don't visit the supermarket very often either Kath as I do most of my shopping downstairs.

Sainsburys Very often send me money off vouchers so I use those and it makes a change to pick up things we don't do in the shop. I like their meat and certainly this piece of Silverside I bought was absolutely beautiful and indeed it cut like butter. They are only 5 minutes from where I live.

We are about to have an Aldi store opening even closer to us so it will be interesting to see how much that will affect my business. I hope not as most of my business is the stuff you just pop in and pick up like bread. Milk, newspapers etc. on a daily basis. I must admit online shopping has had a huge affect on my business over the last couple of years not to mention the wretched hairdressers next door who are not very considerate when parking and that's the staff never mind their customers.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby octocruiser » 05 Jul 2016 07:12

tobysgranny wrote:I don't visit the supermarket very often either Kath as I do most of my shopping downstairs.

Sainsburys Very often send me money off vouchers so I use those and it makes a change to pick up things we don't do in the shop. I like their meat and certainly this piece of Silverside I bought was absolutely beautiful and indeed it cut like butter. They are only 5 minutes from where I live.

We are about to have an Aldi store opening even closer to us so it will be interesting to see how much that will affect my business. I hope not as most of my business is the stuff you just pop in and pick up like bread. Milk, newspapers etc. on a daily basis. I must admit online shopping has had a huge affect on my business over the last couple of years not to mention the wretched hairdressers next door who are not very considerate when parking and that's the staff never mind their customers.

Joan

Hi Joan

I'm afraid we don't have an independent within easy reach now. I used to use the ones along an estate road which was the nearest to where we are and on our 'flight path' when we still had the car. They were of course all 'ethnic'. Now pretty well all the few independents still remaining in town are ethnic and increasingly Eastern European. I'm not sure that most of that trade is beneficial to the UK economy as much of the stock seems to be imported from 'home' and I think much of the proceeds also goes back to support families in the homeland.

As Tom says our shopping habits are shaped by our personal circumstances. Shopping for me now holds very little pleasure. - It is purely a matter of convenience and getting the essentials with the least effort.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: I Don't Enjoy Planning Meals

Postby sevenseascoaster » 05 Jul 2016 20:34

Cooking, don't enjoy it, you spend ages shopping for the ingredients and then ages preparing and cooking. Half an hour later its all gone and nothing to show for your efforts :( Much prefer crafting or sewing, you can see the results and achievement continually.

If I had to live on my own, think that M & S would see a lot of me in their ready made food department :D :D
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tobysgranny » 05 Jul 2016 21:31

Me too Wen.

Joanp
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral