Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby Stan Deasy » 24 Dec 2014 12:44

My wife used to work part time on the evening shift at a small local chocolate packing factory. It was Terrys,and they were allowed to eat as many chocolates as they liked while on the production line. She ofter brought bags of "mishapes" home which they were allowed to buy at a discount. We gorged on All Gold many times in the past. :lol:
Stan Deasy
Ship's Chaplain
Ship's Chaplain

Postby jocap » 25 Dec 2014 19:01

Stan Deasy wrote:My wife used to work part time on the evening shift at a small local chocolate packing factory. It was Terrys,and they were allowed to eat as many chocolates as they liked while on the production line. She ofter brought bags of "mishapes" home which they were allowed to buy at a discount. We gorged on All Gold many times in the past. :lol:

Snap, Stan....it was my auntie who worked on a similar line, but it was Rowntrees misshapes she gave us- can't remember what the name was! :?
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 25 Dec 2014 21:53

jocap wrote:
Stan Deasy wrote:My wife used to work part time on the evening shift at a small local chocolate packing factory. It was Terrys,and they were allowed to eat as many chocolates as they liked while on the production line. She ofter brought bags of "mishapes" home which they were allowed to buy at a discount. We gorged on All Gold many times in the past. :lol:

Snap, Stan....it was my auntie who worked on a similar line, but it was Rowntrees misshapes she gave us- can't remember what the name was! :?

I once had a gf whose mother used to work in Cadburys and their house was full with misshapen Moro bars! If the dowry was a few grand more, it could have been a deal breaker! :roll: :lol:
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Previous

Return to Food & Drink