Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby sevenseascoaster » 23 Dec 2014 18:34

Nostalgia for chocolates, reminded me of a tale from long ago :D When I started courting P in the old days! every Friday night he presented me with a box of Black Magic. I ate the chocolates, but saved the empty box? when eventually we got married and I moved house, my step mother said it would be a good idea to put all my clothes in an empty suitcase to transport them (didn't have many clothes then!!) I had to reveal that the case was full of empty flattened Black Magic boxes :roll: :roll: :roll:

The truth was I didn't really like Black Magic prefer dark chocolate, but just so pleased to receive them, that's love for you :D
Wen

Image

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
User avatar
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5482
Joined: 18 Apr 2011 22:18
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
England

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby grannyM » 23 Dec 2014 18:52

sevenseascoaster wrote:Nostalgia for chocolates, reminded me of a tale from long ago :D When I started courting P in the old days! every Friday night he presented me with a box of Black Magic. I ate the chocolates, but saved the empty box? when eventually we got married and I moved house, my step mother said it would be a good idea to put all my clothes in an empty suitcase to transport them (didn't have many clothes then!!) I had to reveal that the case was full of empty flattened Black Magic boxes :roll: :roll: :roll:

The truth was I didn't really like Black Magic prefer dark chocolate, but just so pleased to receive them, that's love for you :D


Ah! I think that was really lovely of P and 'sweet' that you kept the boxes Wen. Did they look like this one?

Image

The thing is Wen I was never very fond of Black Magic because they seemed to me to actually be dark chocolate. :?
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17645
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby CGBOWLER » 23 Dec 2014 18:57

grannyM wrote:
CGBOWLER wrote:I used to like Fry's Five Centre bars which were like like Fry's chocolate cream but had five different fruit flavours in one bar.
From Google I have learned that they were produced from 1934 until 1992.


There you go Irene, sorry it's not the real thing.

Image

4p :o Bet they would be at least 10/- now.
Anyone remember this one:

Image


I don't remember these but I do remember 3d. :oops:
Irene
User avatar
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 23:08
Location: CLECKHEATON, WEST YORKSHIRE
National Flag:
England

Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby grannyM » 23 Dec 2014 19:04

Yes Irene, you're right, at least 10/-. There's not much you can get for 50p nowadays. :roll:

The reason I remember Five Boys is that it was only 3d and that was my pocket money. It was very think compared to Cadbury's Dairy Milk which was probably about 6d. :lol:
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17645
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby sevenseascoaster » 23 Dec 2014 21:32

grannyM wrote:
sevenseascoaster wrote:Nostalgia for chocolates, reminded me of a tale from long ago :D When I started courting P in the old days! every Friday night he presented me with a box of Black Magic. I ate the chocolates, but saved the empty box? when eventually we got married and I moved house, my step mother said it would be a good idea to put all my clothes in an empty suitcase to transport them (didn't have many clothes then!!) I had to reveal that the case was full of empty flattened Black Magic boxes :roll: :roll: :roll:

The truth was I didn't really like Black Magic prefer dark chocolate, but just so pleased to receive them, that's love for you :D


Ah! I think that was really lovely of P and 'sweet' that you kept the boxes Wen. Did they look like this one?

Image

The thing is Wen I was never very fond of Black Magic because they seemed to me to actually be dark chocolate. :?


They looked just like that :) Yes Marie you are right they were dark chocolate, hence the name, but I like dark without fillings (fussy me!!) Like Bourneville :)
Wen

Image

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
User avatar
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5482
Joined: 18 Apr 2011 22:18
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
England

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby tomvet » 23 Dec 2014 21:48

Who remembers these? THe box for dark and milk chocolate lovers?


October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby tomvet » 23 Dec 2014 21:55

Speaking of Terry's - can you still get Terry's All Gold?

AFAIK one can still get Dairy Box.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby JollyJill » 23 Dec 2014 21:59

tomvet wrote:Speaking of Terry's - can you still get Terry's All Gold?

AFAIK one can still get Dairy Box.


Yes you can Tom- it's one of my favourites.
Image

36 cruises on 26 ships.







Image
User avatar
JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
 
Posts: 17494
Joined: 26 Feb 2011 13:26
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby tomvet » 23 Dec 2014 22:06

JollyJill wrote:
tomvet wrote:Speaking of Terry's - can you still get Terry's All Gold?

AFAIK one can still get Dairy Box.


Yes you can Tom- it's one of my favourites.


Too dark for me! Was in Butlers café today. Mai had a hot chocolate and I had an Americano and we had a while chocolate butter praline each - mmmmmmmm!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Boxes of Chocolates- nostalgia

Postby grannyM » 24 Dec 2014 10:41

sevenseascoaster wrote:Yes Marie you are right they were dark chocolate, hence the name, but I like dark without fillings (fussy me!!) Like Bourneville :)


T's favourite too Wen. He's also partial to a Dark Toblerone. :)
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17645
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Drink



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron