Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - TWO (SEPARATE) DAYS IN SHANGHAI

TWO (SEPARATE) DAYS IN SHANGHAI

Postby judgegeoff » 07 Oct 2018 17:43

grannyM wrote:Thank you once again for your detailed review, and sharing your FB photographs, about your both your days in Shanghai. :thumbup:

Pity about the pollution. Apart from hampering the view from above it looked absolutely dreadful and could not have been very pleasant. :o

I must say the train looked fantastic and I know someone not far from where I'm sitting who would love to experience it. However, the long haul flights you and Chris took will never be on his agenda. In fact, if possible he would travel everywhere by train. Now if only they all were as good as the Maglev I would probably consider it. :lol:

Thanks Marie. We found the whole holiday to be extremely tiring (although still very enjoyable) and it has caused us to reconsider our future holidays somewhat. In particular the flights via Abu Dhabi (7.5 and 8.5 hours with a 2 hour flight change) were very tiring, especially as we have to allow 2 hours to get to Heathrow Airport and then be there 3 hours before the flight. Then, after 21 hours travelling we had to endure the rigors of Chinese Immigration which is also very tiring with much queueing before being taken to our hotel. Nowadays we are much happier with direct flights.

We are looking at a cruise from Durban (South Africa) to Venice in April 2019 and, of course, will be going back to South Africa for our daughter's wedding in Sept/Oct 2019 but, after that, we may restrict our flights to short haul thereafter or cruise from the UK (Dover and Tilbury are within an easy drive of our home). We are both in our 70s and have limited mobility, so we have to accept that we can no longer do what we could a decade or two ago. Sad, but sensible!
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 08 Oct 2018 17:38

judgegeoff wrote:We are both in our 70s and have limited mobility, so we have to accept that we can no longer do what we could a decade or two ago. Sad, but sensible!

Unfortunately Geoff for one reason or another, we are in the same boat, so to speak. :(
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 09 Oct 2018 12:47

grannyM wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:We are both in our 70s and have limited mobility, so we have to accept that we can no longer do what we could a decade or two ago. Sad, but sensible!

Unfortunately Geoff for one reason or another, we are in the same boat, so to speak. :(

And I'm rapidly joining you....but will continue my long haul trips as long as possible! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Previous