Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Museums not for you ?

Museums not for you ?

Museums not for you ?

Postby gatwick » 24 Nov 2015 22:00

Must say that I'm surprised.....
All your travelling and not one post about a museum visit !
gatwick
Ensign
Ensign

Museums not for you ?

Postby JollyJill » 24 Nov 2015 22:18

gatwick wrote:Must say that I'm surprised.....

That's a bit of a sweeping statement Gatwick. :o

I have posted loads of photos during the past 4 -nearly 5 years on this forum, of visits to museums whilst on a cruise.

You probably won't find them within my reviews because I often create new threads for a port of call or something of interest.

I am not alone either as I know lots of members who enjoy visiting museums and places of interest whilst on a cruise.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Museums not for you ?

Postby Borneo » 24 Nov 2015 22:27

Yep go to museums abroad and at home . Love visiting air museums. Cosford, duxford, to name a few .
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Museums not for you ?

Postby JollyJill » 24 Nov 2015 22:43

Borneo wrote:Yep go to museums abroad and at home . Love visiting air museums. Cosford, duxford, to name a few .

Me too Julia. I think I have probably visited most of the museums in London more than once.
I was at the Imperial War Museum recently with my youngest daughter.

When on a cruise some years ago, we visited the wonderful Kelvin Hall museum in Glasgow. I know I posted lots of pics of our visit in 2011 but can't remember where, so here a couple again.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Museums not for you ?

Postby avidcruiser » 24 Nov 2015 23:06

gatwick wrote:Must say that I'm surprised.....

So, which would you advise that we visit, if on a cruise,and which on a land based holiday?
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Museums not for you ?

Postby gatwick » 24 Nov 2015 23:56

JollyJill wrote:
I have posted loads of photos during the past 4 -nearly 5 years on this forum, of visits to museums whilst on a cruise.
You probably won't find them within my reviews because I often create new threads for a port of call or something of interest.
I am not alone either as I know lots of members who enjoy visiting museums and places of interest whilst on a cruise.

Well...I guess you could say it is a bit of a sweeping statement.....but it wasn't made to upset anyone
I knew many of you would have been to museums and enjoyed them
What I was trying to show was that I was surprised nobody ( up to today ) had made a specific post in this museum section
gatwick
Ensign
Ensign

Museums not for you ?

Postby gatwick » 25 Nov 2015 00:17

avidcruiser wrote:
So, which would you advise that we visit, if on a cruise,and which on a land based holiday?

avidcruiser....good question but one I'm not really sure how to answer
Whilst I might make various suggestions on museums to visit...the reality is that there is a huge choice out there
I have found some to be a bit boring but some people would love looking around them
I was impressed when I looked round the Cairo museum but that was a long time ago.
gatwick
Ensign
Ensign

Museums not for you ?

Postby judgegeoff » 25 Nov 2015 00:30

gatwick wrote:
JollyJill wrote:

Well...I guess you could say it is a bit of a sweeping statement.....but it wasn't made to upset anyone
What I was trying to show was that I was surprised nobody ( up to today ) had made a specific post in this museum section

Here is a museum we went to about 12 months ago during a 4 day post cruise stay in San Diego, USA :-

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9338

During the 4 day stay we visited two other museums in San Diego as shown in this album :-

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9360

There are numerous museum visit reports on the forum. Hope this was useful. :)
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Museums not for you ?

Postby JollyJill » 25 Nov 2015 01:10

gatwick wrote:
JollyJill wrote:

That's a fair point actually.

I've been a member of this forum since it's creation in Feb 2011 and hadn't noticed a specific section for Museums. :oops:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Museums not for you ?

Postby Borneo » 25 Nov 2015 09:17

JollyJill wrote:
gatwick wrote:
JollyJill wrote:

That's a fair point actually.

I've been a member of this forum since it's creation in Feb 2011 and hadn't noticed a specific section for Museums. :oops:

I think maybe we get carried away with our reviews and forget to put it specifically on museums. I did put something about Cosford once, obviously not in museums, don't know where I put it actually.
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next

Return to Museums