Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - To the Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2

To the Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Re: To the Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2

Postby Dave » 30 Dec 2019 17:57

Camela wrote:Once a cruiser, always a cruiser. Glad you've succumbed again Dave!! Late checkout is a great option. We did it once on Silversea in Athens. We usually book cruise only and later flights from the arrival port are always cheaper as the cruise lines book out the earlier ones, so staying on board was great. Next cruise we did with them it wasn't available. Maybe it helps that your trip is a complete package, cruise and flights with TUI.

I think this was our 31st cruise (I'm not quite sure whether I should count back-to-back cruises as one cruise or two!) but I don't really think of us as cruisers any more. Basically, we love the Caribbean and can't imagine not having a holiday there to look forward to. We wouldn't want to spend a week in a resort on one island, but a cruise like the next one will give us seven different islands and seven different beaches! So cruising is the best way for us to have a Caribbean holiday. Also, TUI/Marella suits us perfectly because their recently-acquired ships are the right size, their approach is friendly and relaxed, they're very all-inclusive but what isn't included (excursions and wi-fi) are sensibly priced, and having TUI doing both flights and cruise makes for a seamless operation. As well as all that, Explorer 2 is probably our favourite ship, sails from Barbados (no US cruises for us!) and is child-free! :thumbup:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

To the Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2

Postby Gillzajoker » 31 Dec 2019 11:45

I can certainly see the attraction for you there, Dave. Coincidentally, I have done 31 cruises, but
sadly the last one will probably BE my last. :cry:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Previous