Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Mungo » 13 Sep 2015 12:06

Duncan, your videos are so informative that I feel I know the ship, facilities, restaurants, bars etc really well. For me, who has just 3 nights to fit everything in each one has been really helpful. What you've done at the ports has been great too. Some things I have done/seen but has given me ideas for future visits. All I can say is THANK YOU! :mrgreen:
Aurora and Ventura October 2019
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby dst87 » 13 Sep 2015 12:09

Mungo wrote:Duncan, your videos are so informative that I feel I know the ship, facilities, restaurants, bars etc really well. For me, who has just 3 nights to fit everything in each one has been really helpful. What you've done at the ports has been great too. Some things I have done/seen but has given me ideas for future visits. All I can say is THANK YOU! :mrgreen:

Thanks a million for the supporting comments! It keeps me going! There is so much to do I think I would get stressed out if I only had three nights as I'd want to see everything! Hopefully the blog has helped decide the bits you'd like to do for yourself and the bits you're happy to have just seen on video!

Happy to answer any specific questions you have if it'll help! :)
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Mungo » 13 Sep 2015 12:15

dst87 wrote:
Mungo wrote:Duncan, your videos are so informative that I feel I know the ship, facilities, restaurants, bars etc really well. For me, who has just 3 nights to fit everything in each one has been really helpful. What you've done at the ports has been great too. Some things I have done/seen but has given me ideas for future visits. All I can say is THANK YOU! :mrgreen:

Thanks a million for the supporting comments! It keeps me going! There is so much to do I think I would get stressed out if I only had three nights as I'd want to see everything! Hopefully the blog has helped decide the bits you'd like to do for yourself and the bits you're happy to have just seen on video!

Happy to answer any specific questions you have if it'll help! :)

Well the 3 nights will give us a taster! We've booked to see the 2 shows and have booked dinner at Chic and Silk. Hoping that some of the other restaurants will be open lunchtimes so can give them a try. As I mentioned we'll be staying on board and hopefully get some chill out time too! :D
Aurora and Ventura October 2019
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Trace » 13 Sep 2015 12:59

I am loving this vlog Duncan, the ship certainly appeals to me, but hubby likes to fly cruise, and I won't go for more than 7 nights, miss my children and grandchildren too much....sad I know, but that's me :oops:

We are currently thinking of booking on Thomson Discovery for next summer, so I have been re reading your blog on the Spendour of the Seas that you and Lesley did, and I found it very informative. The itinerary we are looking at on this particular booking is
Port of Call:
Palma , Ship At Sea , Gibraltar , Lisbon , Cadiz , Malaga , Cartagena , Palma,

We like the itinerary as the only place we have been to on there is Majorca, tho' not Palma, so all will be new ports, we haven't done many cruises but have so far been twice each to Rome, Monte Carlo, Corfu, Naples, Piraeus, Florence, Mykonos and Dubrovnik. Also Kotor and all of the Adriatic and the Greek Islands such as Santorini and Crete were lovely and we would definitely go back to them again. But this time we fancy doing brand new places to us, and we have cruised in/out of Venice 3 times now.

The Disney cruise we are looking at for the year after has Rome, Florence, Naples and Monte Carlo, which we are keen to do again, but with the family.

I like the fact that a lot of the ports on this cruise of Duncan's are just 'walk off the ship and have a wander round' rather than lots of excursions.

Keep the vlog coming Duncan, I too really love it :)
Last edited by Trace on 13 Sep 2015 16:38, edited 2 times in total.
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby tomvet » 13 Sep 2015 13:14

Trace wrote:Port of Call:

Certainly all these ports are walk off the ship!

Palma - a 40 min walk gets you to the Cathedral
Gib- 30min walk gets you to Main St
Lisbon - 10min walk and you are in Praca Commercio
Cadiz - dock right in town but worth taking an excursion to Jerez or Seville (yet to do the latter!)
Cartagena - have not been and our original cruise was due to dock there but thankfully that has been changed as for me it was one port I could not find anything of interest either in or around the city!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Gillzajoker » 13 Sep 2015 13:38

Yet another very entertaining episode, Duncan. I don't know what your 'day job' is, but I'm sure you could make a living just cruising/hoidaying and v/blogging (or whatever the correct terminology is). :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Trace » 13 Sep 2015 13:47

tomvet wrote:

Cadiz - dock right in town but worth taking an excursion to Jerez or Seville (yet to do the latter!)
Cartagena - have not been and our original cruise was due to dock there but thankfully that has been changed as for me it was one port I could not find anything of interest either in or around the city!

For many years our family owned an apartment in a place not far from Cartagena, about half an hour drive, we went there 8 summers running and loved it, when our children were young, then went again for a week about 10 years ago. We would perhaps think about getting a taxi there to reminisce! Sangria at the beach bar!!
The rest of the ports we would be happy to have a browse around as a change from the long bus trips into Rome and Florence etc.
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Trace » 13 Sep 2015 13:48

Gillzajoker wrote:Yet another very entertaining episode, Duncan. I don't know what your 'day job' is, but I'm sure you could make a living just cruising/hoidaying and v/blogging (or whatever the correct terminology is). :D

I will second that Gill :D
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Trace » 13 Sep 2015 13:49

tomvet wrote:

Is there much to see at Malaga Tom?

They all sound good to me, we all enjoy a nice walk :)
Last edited by Trace on 13 Sep 2015 17:41, edited 2 times in total.
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Duncan's Honeymoon Blog

Postby Hannah » 13 Sep 2015 16:04

Still enjoying your vlog Duncan. Not sure how many days you have left but keep t
hem coming. Haven't been to Gib yet but on the list to do.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext