Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Balmoral to America's Deep south

Balmoral to America's Deep south

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby hazel20 » 21 Sep 2015 14:11

Hello
This truly is a postcard - short and sweet!
Six days at sea - a few bumpy moments but generally OK.
Taken me a few days to stop comparing Balmoral to Boudicca. Done 6 talks so far - full houses every time. People coming 30 minutes before I start to get the good seats.

Sydney Nova Scotia today - then a sea day before we arrive in the USA.

Having a good time - except not getting many dances as there are nearly 30 single ladies wanting to dance and only 4 hosts. So I have to step back. Ho hum such is life.
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
Saga Sapphire - Christmas 2019
2020 - Jan - Saga Sapphire Caribbean
2020 - Black Watch - Four Freds in Funchal
2020 - Saga Sapphire Farewell
2020 - July on Crystal Serenity
2020 - Balmoral - USA in the Fall
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Wales

Re: Balmoral to America's Deep south

Postby Tiggy » 21 Sep 2015 14:27

I did like the sound of this one Hazel. We have done Nova Scotia and New York and would love to go south. Maybe next time. I am pleased to hear that you are getting a full house at every talk.
Our last trip was on Balmoral and we continuously compared it to Boudicca as that is the ship we have been in most. They each have their own advantages and we like the Spey restaurant on Balmoral up on deck 10.
We have nothing booked with Fred until next year when we are doing Liverpool to Cape Verde again. Do you think you could be on it as we missed you the last time?
Have a great trip.
Tiggy
Tiggy
Chief Purrser
Chief Purrser

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Jimmy the One » 21 Sep 2015 15:14

Tiggy wrote:I did like the sound of this one Hazel. We have done Nova Scotia and New York and would love to go south. Maybe next time. I am pleased to hear that you are getting a full house at every talk.
Our last trip was on Balmoral and we continuously compared it to Boudicca as that is the ship we have been in most. They each have their own advantages and we like the Spey restaurant on Balmoral up on deck 10.
We have nothing booked with Fred until next year when we are doing Liverpool to Cape Verde again. Do you think you could be on it as we missed you the last time?
Have a great trip.

I'm hoping Hazel will be on our trip to Portugal and Azores next year :lol:
Sounds like a great trip Hazel your fame must have spread over the Fred fleet :mrgreen:
Keep the postcards coming :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby dst87 » 21 Sep 2015 16:32

Sounds like your talks are popular! Hopefully you get plenty of time to enjoy yourself too :)
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby octocruiser » 21 Sep 2015 16:41

Hi Hazel,

My first thought when I saw your FB comment about it being the first port of call today was that you must have already got a good proportion of the port talks out of the way :lol:

Shame about the dancing. Are there no male passengers you can tempt onto the floor ? You had those very eligible contenders fighting for your favours on Sapphire :lol:

Any chance you might like a change of scenery with the Rivers of France and Spain on Braemar next year ? :?:

Love to you and Mum.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby sevenseascoaster » 22 Sep 2015 06:20

Busy and in demand as usual Hazel, soon you will be asked to do a World Cruise because of your fame :)

Enjoy the rest of the cruise and calm seas :) and more dances :)
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 22 Sep 2015 08:25

So good to hear from you Hazel. Hope you have calmer seas and more dancing for the rest of the cruise. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 22 Sep 2015 14:10

Hope you find a dance partner soon, Hazel - meanwhile, enjoy yourself!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby hazel20 » 24 Sep 2015 21:27

Hello again! Thanks for the great comments and making me feel wanted. I have now spoken about 9 ports - and my throat is sore. Although I blame the dry ice they pump out for that - I mean during the evening shows, not my talks. Today was the first time that I didn't have a full to capacity crowd. But I was the graveyard slot and we were sailing out and the sun was shining!

Had an amazing day in Boston yesterday - walked the Freedom Trail in the morning then the Boston Tea Party Experience after lunch.

We left Boston at 10pm and arrived in Salem 2 hours later!!

Liked Salem and it was a shame we only had until 2 pm here.

Dancing situation has got worse - dance hosts have been told them must ONLY dance with passengers. This is understandable as there are 27 ladies wanting to dance and only 4 hosts. But disappointing for me as I love to dance and it helps me unwind. Where are the spare men? Come back Roy and Ron!!!

Tomorrow is Martha's Vineyard
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
Saga Sapphire - Christmas 2019
2020 - Jan - Saga Sapphire Caribbean
2020 - Black Watch - Four Freds in Funchal
2020 - Saga Sapphire Farewell
2020 - July on Crystal Serenity
2020 - Balmoral - USA in the Fall
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Wales

Postby tomvet » 24 Sep 2015 22:02

hazel20 wrote:Hello again! Thanks for the great comments and making me feel wanted. I have now spoken about 9 ports - and my throat is sore. Although I blame the dry ice they pump out for that - I mean during the evening shows, not my talks. Today was the first time that I didn't have a full to capacity crowd. But I was the graveyard slot and we were sailing out and the sun was shining!

Had an amazing day in Boston yesterday - walked the Freedom Trail in the morning then the Boston Tea Party Experience after lunch.

We left Boston at 10pm and arrived in Salem 2 hours later!!

Liked Salem and it was a shame we only had until 2 pm here.

Dancing situation has got worse - dance hosts have been told them must ONLY dance with passengers. This is understandable as there are 27 ladies wanting to dance and only 4 hosts. But disappointing for me as I love to dance and it helps me unwind. Where are the spare men? Come back Roy and Ron!!!

Tomorrow is Martha's Vineyard

Thanks for the update Hazel! Loved the Freedom trail, Faneuil Hall etc. I also enjoyed Salem and the witches when there back in 2001 :shock:
Haven't been to Martha's Vineyard but have been to Nantucket! Sounds a very interesting itinerary!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Next