Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Good morning from Braemar

Good morning from Braemar

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby octocruiser » 20 Mar 2016 12:20

This is a check in to keep in touch. I may or may not be back :? I have bought a ridiculous number of minutes but question if I will use all of them . The old pricing system still holds but is sold with warnings that it is very slow - sometimes it is and sometimes it is just slow. Sometimes it unhooks without warning, sometimes it sends and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway. First impressions - apart from some initial blips in communication of request info from shore to ship - excellent.

Suffice it to say that after extensive discussion during booking process we were told that FO do not provide foam overlays but could offer extra duvets laid under sheets for comfort. Accepted, but not there on arrival. Quiet word in ear of YaYa our delightful cabin stewardess and we came back later to find the beds made up with .........foam underlays :clap: :thumbup: Silly us, we should have known you have to go to the boss if you want things done.
Likewise congratulatory letter from FO for our 60th anniversary ( it is our 65th) hoping we will enjoy flowers in our cabin. There were gorgeous flowers but they were from Julia, Judy,Pat and Maurice ;) . A word with Rose, another delightful young lady who has become our mentor on Guest Services (FO do not do reception ) and flowers from FO duly appeared, apparently having been delivered to wrong cabin.

We seem to have been mothered by everyone on board from all the wonderful crew to passengers, as wel as the Saga rep that we remember from Saga Ship staff ! We have also had problems with our door lock, having had to have cards re programmed three times. This was done last night and this morning yet another passenger intervened and couldn't get it to work either. This morning the lady immediately scooted up to Guest Services and got mine reprogrammed and came back with a message to take both back to desk manager when convenient and he would check and issue new ones. All done with a smile later.

It really is a wonderfully friendly ship with very bright smart decor. Will get photos for after we get back. It is full to capacity but there seem to be plenty of places to find a seat. We are perfectly happy with the food so far. What entertainment we have seen so far is to a high standard.

Weather has been dull and a bit blowy so far but we are now just leaving the BoB having had no more than a moderate swell and run over a few hedhgehogs. We have just been out on deck in cardis although most are wearing jackets and hats. They are staying out longer than us ! The sky is beginning to brighten a little. I think we are due in Lisbon tomorrow late morning .

I just had to login again so will get ot now while I can.

Cheers
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Jeffo » 20 Mar 2016 12:24

Well done Kath - enjoyed your post, so glad all is well, and that you are enjoying. :wave: By the way, was there anything else in your cabin on embarkation ?
Last edited by Jeffo on 20 Mar 2016 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (9), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Mungo » 20 Mar 2016 12:55

Have a super time! :mrgreen:
Aurora and Ventura October 2019
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby adogap » 20 Mar 2016 13:41

Really good to hear from you Kath and delighted you are being treated well by crew who seem anxious to ensure you have a great cruise :thumbup: I will be following your travels with particular interest as doing an abbreviated version of this cruise in August / September.

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Good morning from Braemar

Postby Hannah » 20 Mar 2016 14:05

So pleased all is going well and any hiccups ironed out. Having been with FO 4 times and on Braemar I am sure you will have a good time and enjoy your special anniversary. Thanks for keeping in touch always nice to follow folks progress. Do hope for calm seas and warm weather. Actually a bit warmer here today-spring at last.[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Borneo » 20 Mar 2016 14:38

Jeffo wrote:Well done Kath - enjoyed your post, so glad all is well, and that you are enjoying. :wave: By the way, was there anything else in your cabin on embarkation ?

How annoying that they got things wrong. Jeffo when I phoned FO to make sure about our flowers ( I had ordered them couple of months ago) they quoted your and I told them No that's not us, then she found ours. I also told the girl I hope your going to make a fuss as it is their 65 . She said she would let staff know :( .
Hope things go smoothly now. I'm sure Kath will take it all in her stride.
Julia
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 20 Mar 2016 14:41

Glad so far so good, Kath - after the initial niggles! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby judgegeoff » 20 Mar 2016 15:08

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post Kath, I am so glad that your first impressions of the ship are good, the old lady is one of our favourites. Please look after her, we will be on her three weeks today. :D
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"Marella Dream" - Turkey, Greece and Israel 2019
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 20 Mar 2016 16:21

Good to hear from you, Kath.

Have a lovely time and hope the weather is kind to you xx
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Porto- Vigo
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Good morning from Braemar

Postby Seamouse » 20 Mar 2016 16:39

As Geoff has said, we liked Braemar, and are looking forward to going on her again soon. Hope you have a really good cruise., looking forward to your updates, and photos , when you can show us them.
Chris
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next