Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Tomvet and family on Costa Mediterranea

Tomvet and family on Costa Mediterranea

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby JollyJill » 21 Apr 2016 19:08

I have just heard from Tom whose text said.................

'Train just pulling into Trieste now. Long day travelling but the buses, planes and trains all worked well. Just have to find the hotel which is only 500 metres from the station. Looking forward to a day in Slovenia tomorrow.'

He says he will be in touch again soon.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Mungo » 21 Apr 2016 20:44

Glad to hear the first part of their travels is complete! :D
Aurora and Ventura October 2019
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby JollyJill » 21 Apr 2016 21:11

He says that the girls have not slept all day but he is shattered. He thinks that they must have inherited his FFOMS gene. :lol:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby octocruiser » 21 Apr 2016 21:39

JollyJill wrote:He says that the girls have not slept all day but he is shattered. He thinks that they must have inherited his FFOMS gene. :lol:

Would that be FOBIC Fear of Missing Something? :lol:

That man makes me feel tired just reading about his travels. I am surprised he has admitted to even feeling a little bit tired. He just seems indomitable with the itineries he plans and carries out - and that is just to get to the ship and get home from the ship.
Port calls while on board are planned like epic battles.! :-o I couldn't have coped with that when I was his age with 3 youngsters to travel with. It was as much as I could manage to get them in a single hop from home to tne seaside in a car - or by bus and train when they were the ages of the minivets - we didn't have a car then and air travel was someting other peope did -but it was only done occasionally by people of our acquaintance.

I hope he and his adoring female entourage will feel all fresh and with strength and vigour renewed in the morning :lol:
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby JollyJill » 21 Apr 2016 22:18

octocruiser wrote:
JollyJill wrote:He says that the girls have not slept all day but he is shattered. He thinks that they must have inherited his FFOMS gene. :lol:

Would that be FOBIC Fear of Missing Something? :lol:

That man makes me feel tired just reading about his travels. I am surprised he has admitted to even feeling a little bit tired. He just seems indomitable with the itineries he plans and carries out - and that is just to get to the ship and get home from the ship.
Port calls while on board are planned like epic battles.! :-o I couldn't have coped with that when I was his age with 3 youngsters to travel with. It was as much as I could manage to get them in a single hop from home to tne seaside in a car - or by bus and train when they were the ages of the minivets - we didn't have a car then and air travel was someting other peope did -but it was only done occasionally by people of our acquaintance.

I hope he and his adoring female entourage will feel all fresh and with strength and vigour renewed in the morning :lol:

Despite being tired, I think that he is probably just glad to get away from work. He has planned for and travelled all over the world before he settled down to family life so is used to it.

It must weigh heavily sometimes though when 4 females are relying on him to get them to where they plan to go each day. He has our admiration too.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Jimmy the One » 22 Apr 2016 08:20

He certainly puts others travel planning arrangements to shame and as for the reviews............ :thumbup:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 22 Apr 2016 15:26

Jimmy the One wrote:He certainly puts others travel planning arrangements to shame and as for the reviews............ :thumbup:

Hear, hear! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Trace » 22 Apr 2016 16:18

I agree, I am full of admiration for Tom, he is truly amazing and so organised. His 3 girls, well 4 including Mrs TV, are very lucky having such a lovely daddy/husband.

I personally don't know how he manages it, he must be turbo charged :)

Hope they all have a super time and I am looking very forward to his review and photos, such delightful children.

If you are reading this Tom enjoy the break with your lovely family, I know you have had a very busy time with work recently so a break/rest??? will do you good :thumbup:
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tobysgranny » 22 Apr 2016 18:10

After a 5 hour coach journey from Plymouth to Heathrow followed by an 8.1/2 hour flight to Miami, not to mention getting the hire car and finding our way to the hotel which was only 2 miles away and took us nearly an hour, it took me days to recover andn I can still go to sleep at the drop of a hat and the first cruise is nearly over.

I just don't know how Tom does it.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby JollyJill » 22 Apr 2016 18:17

tobysgranny wrote:After a 5 hour coach journey from Plymouth to Heathrow followed by an 8.1/2 hour flight to Miami, not to mention getting the hire car and finding our way to the hotel which was only 2 miles away and took us nearly an hour, it took me days to recover andn I can still go to sleep at the drop of a hat and the first cruise is nearly over.

I just don't know how Tom does it.

Joan

I think maybe he might not find it quite so easy in 20 plus yeras time Joan. He is still a youngster compared to many of us. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next