Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby Skier Pete » 04 Jun 2016 00:07

Wansbrough wrote:Just received this e-mail from RCI.

From the desk of
Michael Bayley
President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International


Dear Wansbrough ;)

Thank you for being a part of the Southampton pre-inaugural sailing on Harmony of the Seas. We hope you gained a sense for why we are excited about our newest member of the fleet with her many incredible features introduced for the first time at sea.

On a ship of such scale and complexity, we were hopeful all work would be complete in time for your cruise and recognize there were simply too many projects still being completed during the voyage. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We'd like to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and to offer you our hospitality at the highest standard. We are offering each guest who sailed with us on the May 22, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid for that sailing. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next 18 months. Within the next two weeks, Future Cruise Certificates will be e-mailed or mailed to your address on file, or travel agent if you booked through them.

We are eager to have the opportunity to welcome you back onboard in the future, when we can deliver the experience at the high standards Royal Caribbean has become known for and that we expect of ourselves.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean.

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley
President & CEO
Royal Caribbean International



I wonder what the T&C's are with regards to length of cruise? A mini cruise is what sprang to mind first.

It amounts to just over £250 per person....... so will we use them?

We'll have to wait and see. 8-)

I wonder how much the neighbour over our rear fence will get , She was in a Sky Loft Suite. BTW she said she enjoyed the cruise but she was in one of the best suites on the ship
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5604
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 13:37
Location: Caerphilly
National Flag:
England

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby Dave » 04 Jun 2016 08:27

Dave wrote:Excellent news about the apology from RCI. :clap:

I could claim to have predicted this outcome last week in the Giant Cruise Ship 'a construction site' topic when I wrote...

Dave wrote:...The news item is about the unfinished state of Harmony of the Seas, with passengers' photos illustrating the point. Assuming the photos are all genuine, it doesn't look good.

However, I'm sure that RCI will be refunding a proportion of people's fares as compensation for selling a cruise on an unfinished ship...

...except that I was being facetious! :lol:

Having thought about it though, it occurs to me that while RCI have apologised they aren't actually offering compensation because, in order to benefit, a customer has to spend more money with them. That might well suit someone who is going to cruise with RCI again anyway, but there's no compensation at all for someone who isn't. In other words, the company has apologised for their product being unsatisfactory, yet isn't prepared to hand back any cash...

We had a similar experience with Costa. I complained that they didn't provide a kettle and tea-pot as advertised. They apologised and offered a small discount on a future cruise... :roll:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 15:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby Wansbrough » 04 Jun 2016 09:47

Dave wrote:Having thought about it though, it occurs to me that while RCI have apologised they aren't actually offering compensation because, in order to benefit, a customer has to spend more money with them. That might well suit someone who is going to cruise with RCI again anyway, but there's no compensation at all for someone who isn't. In other words, the company has apologised for their product being unsatisfactory, yet isn't prepared to hand back any cash...

I hear what you are saying but it does all depend on how you look at it..... if we can do what we want then for us its a free 3 night cruise. :thumbup: Granted there will be some onboard spend which will mainly be gratuities so overall I see it as a positive. :thumbup: It does also give us the chance to try another ship. :D
User avatar
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: 13 Mar 2011 07:55
Location: North Somerset
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby tomvet » 04 Jun 2016 10:24

Wansbrough wrote:
Dave wrote:Having thought about it though, it occurs to me that while RCI have apologised they aren't actually offering compensation because, in order to benefit, a customer has to spend more money with them. That might well suit someone who is going to cruise with RCI again anyway, but there's no compensation at all for someone who isn't. In other words, the company has apologised for their product being unsatisfactory, yet isn't prepared to hand back any cash...

I hear what you are saying but it does all depend on how you look at it..... if we can do what we want then for us its a free 3 night cruise. :thumbup: Granted there will be some onboard spend which will mainly be gratuities so overall I see it as a positive. :thumbup: It does also give us the chance to try another ship. :D


I am sure what you plan to do with your credit is exactly what RCI don't want you to do with it (are there restrictive t&cs). I am sure they would like you to spend it on a much longer and more expensive cruise where there is more time and opportunity to extract more cash from you. However, since you live so near the port and the credit covers the cost of the cruise you have the opportunity to maximise it to your rather than their advantage - as you say the only additional cost to you is grats and port parking and the cost of getting to the port and back and you might make as well use the opportunity to have a break (you probably, would be having a break somewhere else anyhow) and see a new ship.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby Wansbrough » 06 Jun 2016 21:01

tomvet wrote:.........are there restrictive t&cs?

Until I get sight of the certificate I don't know. The TA has already forwarded a copy of the same e-mail asking if there is a cruise I am interested in.... :)
I have told her our intentions but the trail then went dead. :roll:
User avatar
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: 13 Mar 2011 07:55
Location: North Somerset
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby Wansbrough » 17 Jun 2016 13:51

Wansbrough wrote:
tomvet wrote:.........are there restrictive t&cs?

Until I get sight of the certificate I don't know. The TA has already forwarded a copy of the same e-mail asking if there is a cruise I am interested in.... :)
I have told her our intentions but the trail then went dead. :roll:


Now have sight of the T&C's. Just e-mailed our US TA to see what the implications are.

    ● Applicable to all categories & price programs except Loyalty Reunion Cruises, Complimentary Cruises, Interline, T/A Reduced Rate, Individual & Group Incentive, & Charter sailings. Applicable to individual & group bookings to cruise fare only. Not Applicable for: shore excursions, tour packages, or any other personal charges. Guest is responsible for taxes and fees where applicable
    ● One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate. Excludes Xpedition unless you were on an Xpedition sailing.
    ● If credit is applied to a booking of lesser value, the difference will not be carried to another booking and it will be considered as used
    ● Cruise must be taken by 12/30/2017 and not redeemable for inaugural or holiday sailings.
    ● Valid only for the cruise brand shown above.
    ● As are all requests for reservations, the offered space is subject to availability, and from time to time, itineraries may be altered or services on a specific ship may be discontinued. Certain restrictions apply
    ● Non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
User avatar
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: 13 Mar 2011 07:55
Location: North Somerset
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Wansbrough's Digital Postcards from Harmony of the Seas - To Rotterdam and back in 4 nights!

Postby Trace » 17 Jun 2016 18:40

So have you managed to find a cruise you both like, within all of those limitations, to take within that period?

If that makes sense :?
Tracey :-)
User avatar
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3956
Joined: 18 Dec 2011 19:48
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Digital postcards



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests