Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - JollyJill on Oceania Marina 7th - 14th June 2016

JollyJill on Oceania Marina 7th - 14th June 2016

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby JollyJill » 14 Jun 2016 17:04

Thanks Chris and Marie.

We have to sort through the pics we took of the ship, in an attempt not to duplicate too many that were taken on the days trips to the ship 2 years ago.

I will post a review within the next few days.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Jimmy the One » 14 Jun 2016 18:06

Thanks from me as well Jill enjoyed all the posts :thumbup: :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: JollyJill on Oceania Marina 7th - 14th June 2016

Postby jocap » 14 Jun 2016 19:07

Welcome home, and thanks for all the information... you're testing all of these ships just for us! :D
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 14 Jun 2016 19:20

jocap wrote:Welcome home, and thanks for all the information... you're testing all of these ships just for us! :D

I'm doing my best Jo. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 18 Jun 2016 09:59

tomvet wrote:
JollyJill wrote:
tomvet wrote:Thanks for the update Jill. Ferrol looks as inspiring as nearby Vigo! :silent:
What is the main attraction associated with this port? Santiago de Compostela?

Yep, in fact as soon as we got off to get the shuttle bus, we were offered a trip to Santiago de C, which we declined.

Tomorrow we will be in Getxo, the gateway to Bilbao. There will shuttle buses apparently to take us the 9 miles to Bilbao but it will take 40 mins!

We have just been to a show called 'Back Stage' performed by the resident troupe of 4 men & 6 women. It was very professional and most enjoyable.

40 minutes for 9 miles! I think the American lines always do this. I think they have a very cumbersome way that us Europeans think the 40 mins is a o/way trip where in fact they are trying to say that the return trip is 40 mins. I must get the exact confusing wording - either that or the bus does not have an engine and you will be out pushing it!

Don't think I would have bothered with S de C either - wonder if their are nice beaches nearby?

have you ever been if not we went a few years ago from vigo having been to vigo several times. there where five of us I loved it rest of party where disinterested but this may have been because due to the weather we had a port cancelled earlier in cruise and arrived in vigo earlier as bonus instead of the trip which we booked which was 4 hours they gave us a longer one which was 6 or 7 hours which was too long for most of my party :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby tomvet » 18 Jun 2016 10:08

sparkiethecruiser wrote:
tomvet wrote:
JollyJill wrote:
Yep, in fact as soon as we got off to get the shuttle bus, we were offered a trip to Santiago de C, which we declined.

Tomorrow we will be in Getxo, the gateway to Bilbao. There will shuttle buses apparently to take us the 9 miles to Bilbao but it will take 40 mins!

We have just been to a show called 'Back Stage' performed by the resident troupe of 4 men & 6 women. It was very professional and most enjoyable.

40 minutes for 9 miles! I think the American lines always do this. I think they have a very cumbersome way that us Europeans think the 40 mins is a o/way trip where in fact they are trying to say that the return trip is 40 mins. I must get the exact confusing wording - either that or the bus does not have an engine and you will be out pushing it!

Don't think I would have bothered with S de C either - wonder if their are nice beaches nearby?

have you ever been if not we went a few years ago from vigo having been to vigo several times. there where five of us I loved it rest of party where disinterested but this may have been because due to the weather we had a port cancelled earlier in cruise and arrived in vigo earlier as bonus instead of the trip which we booked which was 4 hours they gave us a longer one which was 6 or 7 hours which was too long for most of my party :lol:

I have been to Vigo and opted for a beach day. I have not been to S de C and I am sure I would enjoy it but it is not at the top of my list as clearly it was not on the top of yours as you only visited it after being to Vigo several times previously! ;)
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Previous

Return to Digital postcards