Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Re: Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby tomvet » 16 Jul 2016 22:07

Glad you enjoyed Chocoversum. You had the same guide, only her hair was longer on our trip. It is excellent chocolate.

I thought Miniataur Wunderland was your destination in Hamburg.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby dst87 » 16 Jul 2016 22:17

tomvet wrote:Glad you enjoyed Chocoversum. You had the same guide, only her hair was longer on our trip. It is excellent chocolate.

I thought Miniataur Wunderland was your destination in Hamburg.


I did Tom, it was fab. Thanks to your previous post for poo ting me in the direction.

My original plan was Miniatur Wunderland but Alex also wants to go and we're back in Hamburg together on MSC in September, so I'll go then. Very excited though!

RE: your other post: I know I share a lot more than many, and I'm conscious that I didn't want to post details of others' trip if they didn't want it. I now know that Jill's not bothered, but better safe than sorry. We've all spent various amounts of time together though and I've had a wonderful time meeting everyone! Jill's an absolute hoot!
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
User avatar
dst87
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 793
Joined: 04 May 2014 09:44
Location: Falkirk, UK
National Flag:
Scotland

Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby JollyJill » 17 Jul 2016 10:08

We got home about 10 am this morning so I am just catching up.

Just wanted to say thanks Duncan for posting your blog. I confess that although I was given 2 hours free internet access, I didn't go online at all- not even to pick up emails.

I admit that I was taking a complete break from the internet but as I knew that Duncan was blogging, thought that one from me too might be overkill.

I have taken a few photos of the changes since QM2's recent refit (sorry, remastering :roll:) and will post them with a short review soon.

I will say though that a great time was had by all. :D
Image

36 cruises on 26 ships.







Image
User avatar
JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
 
Posts: 17494
Joined: 26 Feb 2011 13:26
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby adogap » 17 Jul 2016 10:14

Glad you had a great cruise Jill. I'm really looking forward to seeing your photos of changes which have taken place on QM2 since you last sailed on her.
Duncan has kindly kept us up to speed with the quality of food on board :D

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
User avatar
adogap
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: 25 Oct 2012 15:09
Location: Bangor Co. Down
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby grannyM » 17 Jul 2016 11:06

Really enjoyed your blog Duncan. Thanks again. Glad you all had such a good time. :D
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17606
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby tomvet » 17 Jul 2016 11:19

dst87 wrote:[Jill's an absolute hoot!



................... a wise old owl??? :? :? :?
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby tomvet » 17 Jul 2016 11:21

JollyJill wrote:We got home about 10 am this morning so I am just catching up.

Just wanted to say thanks Duncan for posting your blog. I confess that although I was given 2 hours free internet access, I didn't go online at all- not even to pick up emails.

I admit that I was taking a complete break from the internet but as I knew that Duncan was blogging, thought that one from me too might be overkill.

I have taken a few photos of the changes since QM2's recent refit (sorry, remastering :roll:) and will post them with a short review soon.

I will say though that a great time was had by all. :D


Wot! You are back! Thought there was at least another night on board. Oh well! Glad you had a great time!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby tomvet » 17 Jul 2016 11:24

dst87 wrote:
tomvet wrote:Glad you enjoyed Chocoversum. You had the same guide, only her hair was longer on our trip. It is excellent chocolate.

I thought Miniataur Wunderland was your destination in Hamburg.


I did Tom, it was fab. Thanks to your previous post for poo ting me in the direction.

My original plan was Miniatur Wunderland but Alex also wants to go and we're back in Hamburg together on MSC in September, so I'll go then. Very excited though!

RE: your other post: I know I share a lot more than many, and I'm conscious that I didn't want to post details of others' trip if they didn't want it. I now know that Jill's not bothered, but better safe than sorry. We've all spent various amounts of time together though and I've had a wonderful time meeting everyone! Jill's an absolute hoot!

I loved Chocoversum but didn't rate Minitaur Wunderland at all.

We are in Cologne on a River Cruise and Lindt have a similar 'Story of Chocolate' not sure if it will be any better or anything different from that in Hamburg. If you have a long day in Hamburg and you have good weather - the hour long harbour cruise is worth it.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby Gillzajoker » 17 Jul 2016 13:50

Looking forward to the next episode.
Image
User avatar
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 15320
Joined: 03 Mar 2011 16:07
Location: Costa Almeria, Spain
National Flag:
Spain

Re: Duncan's Forum Cruise Blog

Postby JollyJill » 17 Jul 2016 15:56

tomvet wrote:
dst87 wrote:[Jill's an absolute hoot!



................... a wise old owl??? :? :? :?


Oi, don't push your luck Tom. I will pretend that was a compliment- well the wise bit at least. :clap:
Image

36 cruises on 26 ships.







Image
User avatar
JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
 
Posts: 17494
Joined: 26 Feb 2011 13:26
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Digital postcards



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests