Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - occasional updates from balmoral

occasional updates from balmoral

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Re: occasional updates from balmoral

Postby khkate » 02 Aug 2017 08:39

Well done on the postings - and also making it across the North Sea. Hope the cruise is being enjoyed by all.
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Feb 2020, April 2020, August 2020, Dec 2020
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 02 Aug 2017 13:32

WP_20170801_13_29_44_Pro.jpg

View from mount floyein apologies on the spelling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 02 Aug 2017 13:37

Still having bit of bother posting if i put more than one picture in post the forum has a fit :lol: . Anyway just quick update yesterday we where in Bergen where we did hoho bus. Then went up on the funicular railway. Stood an hour in queue we had pre booked tickets some of those who didn't stood for more than 2 hours. The queue for anyone who been to Bergen before stretched right down to McDonalds. Anyway was a glorious sunny day and we had a great time.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 02 Aug 2017 13:41

WP_20170802_11_17_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20170802_11_13_28_Pro.jpg

Olden norway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 02 Aug 2017 13:46

Today we are in olden we did the red glacier sightseeing bus. Would not recommend the little train is much better. Still had good time though. We then did the mandatory shopping thing what two females what you expect. Weather was not as good today but still managed a dip in the pool well hot tub but same thing really. Rain just started about half hour ago but until then we had been really lucky.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby judgegeoff » 02 Aug 2017 17:49

sparkiethecruiser wrote:Today we are in olden we did the red glacier sightseeing bus. Would not recommend the little train is much better. Still had good time though. We then did the mandatory shopping thing what two females what you expect. Weather was not as good today but still managed a dip in the pool well hot tub but same thing really. Rain just started about half hour ago but until then we had been really lucky.

Thank you for your informative posts Donna, they are very useful to us. :thumbup: We will definitely be taking a ride on the little train when in Olden when we visit there later this month. Thanks also for the warning about the queue for the funicular railway at Bergen, I doubt whether I would be able to stand for that length of time, so we will give that a miss.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"Marella Dream" - Turkey, Greece and Israel 2019
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 02 Aug 2017 20:10

Lovely pics Donna. Is that your niece, Emma? You look like sisters :)
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 03 Aug 2017 11:38

Tracy the first night she got a virgin dacquiri and different waiter took glass away and he was trying to get her to get pinna collada next time she's like no can i just have Pepsi. She was peeved when he.came down few minutes later and asked which one was which as he wasn't sure who was under age. I'm 22 years older lol
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 03 Aug 2017 11:43

Not great picture but never took many with phone all on the camera.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 03 Aug 2017 11:47

judgegeoff wrote:
sparkiethecruiser wrote:Today we are in olden we did the red glacier sightseeing bus. Would not recommend the little train is much better. Still had good time though. We then did the mandatory shopping thing what two females what you expect. Weather was not as good today but still managed a dip in the pool well hot tub but same thing really. Rain just started about half hour ago but until then we had been really lucky.

Thank you for your informative posts Donna, they are very useful to us. :thumbup: We will definitely be taking a ride on the little train when in Olden when we visit there later this month. Thanks also for the warning about the queue for the funicular railway at Bergen, I doubt whether I would be able to stand for that length of time, so we will give that a miss.

That's why i mentioned the wait Geoff as i knew you had been worried about standing. If the queue is to the station door but still inside its about 15 minute wait. I think we were unlucky in that there were five ships in port. Plus we arrived at same time as four tour buses
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext