Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Blogging by phone

Blogging by phone

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Re: Blogging by phone

Postby Skier Pete » 03 Jan 2014 00:24

Dave wrote:
Skier Pete wrote:Have you missed out a step Dave?

This one:--

UPLOADING Photos to the gallery (by that I mean Forum gallery. You do say "copy from the gallery")
How long does that take if you don't resize before uploading?

No Pete, I haven't missed a step.

I was referring to the phone's photo gallery where photos taken on the phone can be viewed and selected. When a photo from the phone's gallery is added to a post the user is given a choice of uploading it to Tapatalk's site or the forum. Whichever is chosen, the photo is resized with no input from the user (it happens in the background) and usually uploads in a few seconds.

Ah!! All is clear now
I know nothing about phones :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mines a PAYG quad band with a 1Meg camera ( just up from the house brick I had before :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )probably not even a 2G let alone 3G or better.

All I do with it is have it in the car for emergencies and make a monthly call to 453, to see how much money is left on it ( it's always the same amount) and to keep the number by actually making a call :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Blogging by phone

Postby tobysgranny » 03 Jan 2014 00:57

Pete adding a photo to a post using Tapatalk from an iPad is so easy that even I can do it, so it must be easy. All I do is select the post I want to add pictures to and tap reply. You then have the option to add photographs. All I do us go to my pictures and select the ones I want to use and then hit reply and hey presto they appear on my post. I can't believe how easy it is. I havn't done it from my iPhone yet but I must try.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 03 Jan 2014 01:00

A post with Tapatalk including a photo.

uploadfromtaptalk1388710940578.jpg

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk2.

(The purpose of this post will be made clear shortly... ;) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Blogging by phone

Postby tobysgranny » 03 Jan 2014 01:04

I'm beginning to wonder if we are all insomniacs on this forum as I just been replying to a post from Jill.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Blogging by phone

Postby JollyJill » 03 Jan 2014 01:08

tobysgranny wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if we are all insomniacs on this forum as I just been replying to a post from Jill.

Joan

There are a few of us about Joan. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Blogging by phone

Postby Dave » 03 Jan 2014 01:16

:geek: This was a challenge!

I sent the output from my phone to my computer screen so that I could capture the whole process of making a post including a photo using Tapatalk.

The phone screen doesn't appear very clearly (a limitation of the app) and the refresh is jumpy, but you should get at least some idea of how little effort is needed and how fast the Tapatalk system works...

I opened the forum in Tapatalk and selected this topic. I tapped the last post to reply. There's a tedious bit where I type in some text :oops: . I tap the camera icon and 'Gallery' to select a photo. I choose to upload it to 'This Forum'. I place it 'inline' and submit the post. (I tap the photo just to check it enlarges.)

Simple! :D

(Actually, I used my old tablet because it was already connected to my PC. It wasn't cheating though because the phone would have been faster and have produced a clearer output!)
Dave

Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Blogging by phone

Postby Skier Pete » 03 Jan 2014 01:22

tobysgranny wrote:Pete adding a photo to a post using Tapatalk from an iPad is so easy that even I can do it, so it must be easy. All I do is select the post I want to add pictures to and tap reply. You then have the option to add photographs. All I do us go to my pictures and select the ones I want to use and then hit reply and hey presto they appear on my post. I can't believe how easy it is. I havn't done it from my iPhone yet but I must try.

Joan

I'm sure it's easy but I don't have a laptop never mind an i-pad. All I have is a home network (hard wired not wifi) based on desktop PCs and I have an old mobile phone.
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Blogging by phone

Postby tobysgranny » 03 Jan 2014 01:30

You and my husband would get on very well Pete. He hates smart phones and calls my iPad a toy.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Blogging by phone

Postby tobysgranny » 03 Jan 2014 01:38

Dave I don't use Tapatalk2. I am just on Tapatalk and i find it so easy. Once I have found the post I want to add the pictures to I tap reply, then tap the camera for photos and then go to my pictures, select the ones I want then tap reply and they appear on the post.

On the post tonight regarding tablet and 'phone cases I took a picture of my phone case on my iPad then went into tapatalk found the post and within seconds the picture was on the post. Magic!

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 12 Dec 2015 14:19

This is just me testing something.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Dave

Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext