Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Mediterranean Christmas 2014 Saga Pearl II

Mediterranean Christmas 2014 Saga Pearl II

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby Borneo » 07 Jan 2015 13:32

Kath when we were onboard in August there were two Ronald's . Our Ronald is little Ronald . :lol:
Julia
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Judy3 » 07 Jan 2015 13:37

Borneo wrote:Kath when we were onboard in August there were two Ronald's . Our Ronald is little Ronald . :lol:
Julia

:lol: :lol:
Judy3
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby octocruiser » 07 Jan 2015 13:44

Borneo wrote:Kath when we were onboard in August there were two Ronald's . Our Ronald is little Ronald . :lol:
Julia

Crikey, how big is big Ronald ? Little Ronald isn't a lightweight ;)

Xx
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 07 Jan 2015 15:48

Great pics., Barry :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Barry » 07 Jan 2015 15:54

Cartagena, Spain on a beautiful day, hardly a breath of wind, clear sky and sunshine, lots of it and warm! Left the ship @ 10am after a leisurely breakfast, it really is a lovely walk into town, about ten minutes in 'amble' mode!
Stopped off at the TI office in town for a new map, then went next door for a tour of the City Hall, for the cost of one shiny euro each we were guided round this beautiful historic building, by a young guy whose English speaking skills were excellent. We wandered round, just the two of us with him and he gave us a very interesting and well delivered tour, including at the end he took some photos while we posed on the rather ornate main staircase.
Once outside we passed the entrance to the Amphitheatre museum, (we had visited this on an earlier trip, excellent place to look around) wandered round and up to the top of the hill and the Castillo de la Conception. It's quite a high point so close to town, but fabulous views. There was a local TI guide there who pointed out various landmarks and places of interest. We left there and headed back down into town and the shops!
One or two interesting tips for our next visit March 2016 !

Now me being a mere male, I don't understand shopping? Well, if I go shopping, I go to the shops and buy whatever it is I need!
Then women go shopping, not because they need or even want something, but to look and see, in several different shops, items they don't want or need! Occasionally pick something up and put it down again, move on to next shop and repeat, several times in different shops, this to me is not shopping, this is looking!
Meanwhile yours truly sat outside a bar with beer in hand in the warm sunshine, I had actually been 'shopping' ie went into town and bought something that I wanted .... beer :D Alison during this time had also been 'shopping' but had bought nothing, so not shopping, just looking and seeing !?!
I'm confused, must be time to replace lost fluids due to walking around a lot and quite a bit of sitting in the sun, which must easily have been top side of 18 deg this afternoon?
The bits of hairy string have been cast off and we're in Shackletons inter-netting before heading to the cabin to get ready for tonight, we're really glad we got this cabin, been well worth the extra cash, too many snorers and coughs about :!: Advantage Sapphire, they all go up into the Discovery Lounge during the day, easier to avoid :roll:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Mediterranean Christmas 2014 Saga Pearl II

Postby Barry » 07 Jan 2015 15:56

Cartagena
View of Amphetheatre from castle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420646169.142066.jpg

City Hall
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420646193.395946.jpg

From Saga Pearl towards town
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420646220.890329.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Barry on 07 Jan 2015 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Barry » 07 Jan 2015 16:03

Lunch in Barcelona
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420646508.841787.jpg

Rome
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420646550.539762.jpg

Roof of Casa Balleo Barcelona
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420646637.595631.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Barry » 08 Jan 2015 19:35

Porta Del La Morrisons today !?!?! or more correctly Gibraltar, the ship and the crew bunker here today!
Slight difference in timing, usually arrive early and depart early, but today a Magic Moment! Arrived 11am, then late afternoon/early evening a trip up to St Michaels Cave for a performance by Gibraltars National Choir, unfortunately we gave it a miss as Alison is fighting a cold at the moment, but we did the 'original Rock Concert' (think back to the Mystery Cruise!!!! ) so don't feel as we missed out too much. Hope everyone enjoyed tonight as much as we did, it really was great fun!
The cruise has been brilliant, although heading for home after today and calling in at Leixoes so we can call in at the little cafe 'Tupi' again! Our Christmas has been a great success and great fun, but there again as all those who really know us, we have a great time "whatevva".
We went shopping! Not the type of shopping referred to in an earlier blog, proper shopping, man shopping where you actually BUY stuff, I managed to pick out a rather nice heart shaped sapphire and sparkles, gold ring which will keep me in 'brownie points' until our next cruise!
I know, I'm an old romantic softy but wellllll, she's worth it x x x

Ahhhh! Result, anyone remember the Cranachan from a previous cruise? It resembled Angel Delight with oats! Well last night we had Cranachan.... John McCerery, proper job, proper Cranachan (just an little light on the Whisky for me!)

A bit of a special night tonight, for those Saganauts amongst the blog followers, tonight's a bit of a milestone ...... It's our 150 th night ?
Just to enlighten others, Britannia Club members who reach 150 nights become Gold members, which mean you get certain benefits, such as free laundry and an extra 2.5 % off your bar bill (quite a bit for some people!) which will apply to our next cruise in March.... So to apply the logic that the ladies will understand! The more I consume in Shackletons Bar, the greater the saving!
We were told on our last cruise that considering we started cruising with Saga in August 2011 (Baltic cruise) and our ages, it seems we are possibly the youngest Gold Members to date?
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby khkate » 09 Jan 2015 09:46

Congrats on reaching Gold Barry. We started cruising with Saga August 2010 and attained Gold in June 2014, so when we are both on NL cruise in March with you, we can discuss merits of Gold maybe. Probably you are youngest couple but I'm not far behind I don't think, maybe!! Your cruise sounds like it has been good - at least I can leave you to do do blog of NL. Enjoy the last few days of your cruise
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Feb 2020, April 2020, August 2020, Dec 2020
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Jimmy the One » 09 Jan 2015 13:34

Enjoyed following your adventures Barry safe journey home :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext