Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Mediterranean Christmas 2014 Saga Pearl II

Mediterranean Christmas 2014 Saga Pearl II

This area is for 'digital postcards' sent by members while on a cruise. Let your Cruising Mates know what they're missing!

Postby Barry » 09 Jan 2015 15:01

Jimmy the One wrote:Enjoyed following your adventures Barry safe journey home :D

Oh it's been fun :D

But that's how we like it, grab it by the scruff of the neck, kick its backside and go for it :lol: we've got more of the ancients onside again this cruise, brilliant, give people something to smile about, we've had a bundle of laughs 8-)

Still got tomorrow in port ... Leixoes, then a couple of days at sea, the final cocktail party, formal dinner then ... Disco again, will it be another 3am finish or are we running out of combatants :lol:

We'll see, we've already got things in hand for our return In March and that trip will be an adventure as opposed to a party That this Christmas cruise has been :!:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Barry » 11 Jan 2015 10:14

We're crossing Bascay at the moment, bit lumpy but not bad at all really, although the they've put the net over the pool on the veranda outside to stop the water escaping ;) it's not worked..... its all gone :D

Yesterday was Leixoes, Portugal, a bright and sunny start to the day but a cold wind. First off, onto the shuttle into Oporto for a wander, Saturday morning and busy. We just wandered and took in the sights and called in at the Cafe Tupi, which we came across on a previous visit, very busy and no surprise, the little pastries and the coffee were for pennies, but just delicious! Continued our explorations of the magnificent tiled buildings and headed back to the shuttle and a regroup at lunchtime.
After a bit of a break we went for a walk along the promenade at Leixoes itself. By this time the temperature had risen considerably and the breeze dropped, we left the ship and turned left towards the marina, stayed on the same side and after a ten minute amble came to the promenade and beach just after the marina. Fantastic, the rollers were rumbling in and the sun shining, really nice, you could wander on for a few miles or just sit and enjoy the sunshine, it was really very pleasant indeed 8-) We have visited the port on three occasions and this area had never been mentioned! The beach itself starts with a sandy bay then get quite rocky, but with the rollers coming in quite spectacular, nice to march off some of the excesses of the last three weeks.

Entertainment last night, the cruise show, I still say it's a great thing for the crew, gives them something different to focus on and is appreciated by most passengers. One of the lads, Rolando started as an assistant waiter on our first cruise, has moved up and at the end of this cruise transfers to the entertainment staff. He's been given training sessions this week and a gradual introduction to his duties, we wish him good luck, he's a nice lad. That could be a turn round in a few years, gone from waiting at table to inviting passengers to his table :!:

Seven weeks on Wednesday we return to the Pearl for the Northern Lights Cruise, we know who is on board staffwise ;) so we've made 'a few arrangements' we're also meeting company on board and things are looking good :!: the Christmas Cruise was party party party, the NL is going to be an Adventure .... With the odd party thrown in ;)
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JollyJill » 11 Jan 2015 10:35

Seven weeks on Wednesday we return to the Pearl for the Northern Lights Cruise, we know who is on board staffwise ;) so we've made 'a few arrangements' we're also meeting company on board and things are looking good :!: the Christmas Cruise was party party party, the NL is going to be an Adventure .... With the odd party thrown in ;)

Crikey Barry, you are barely at home these days- not that I'm jealous of course. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all your up dates and I'm pleased to hear that the the weather is not too rough at the moment- let's hope it stays that way. :)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Wansbrough » 11 Jan 2015 11:48

Barry wrote:We're crossing Bascay at the moment, bit lumpy but not bad at all really, although the they've put the net over the pool on the veranda outside to stop the water escaping ;) it's not worked..... its all gone :D

:lol: :lol: I have often wondered that........ :lol: :lol: Enjoy your last few days Barry :thumbup:
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Mediterranean Christmas 2014 Saga Pearl II

Postby Hannah » 11 Jan 2015 12:56

Sounds like a good time has been had by all, have a safe journey home. Thanks for all the regular updates, I have enjoyed reading them.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Barry » 11 Jan 2015 18:15

Wansbrough wrote:
Barry wrote:We're crossing Bascay at the moment, bit lumpy but not bad at all really, although the they've put the net over the pool on the veranda outside to stop the water escaping ;) it's not worked..... its all gone :D

:lol: :lol: I have often wondered that........ :lol: :lol: Enjoy your last few days Barry :thumbup:

Bascay :shock:

Obviously a bit rougher than I thought, that's a typo ...... needless to say I meant Biscay :lol:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Wansbrough » 11 Jan 2015 20:41

Barry wrote:
Wansbrough wrote:

Bascay :shock:

Obviously a bit rougher than I thought, that's a typo ...... needless to say I meant Biscay :lol:

No I enjoyed the comment about the net. :lol: :lol:
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Barry » 12 Jan 2015 12:36

Well that's the end of the blogging, just worked it out, since we left home for the Caribbean cruise back on 29th October and the Christmas cruise we're just finishing we've only been at home for 18 nights! Ready for a rest, but only for 7 weeks to the Northern Lights Adventure. That's going to be a blast as well we reckon, especially as we now know who will be on board cruise staff wise!
I hope you've enjoyed keeping up with what we've been up to, I've certainly enjoyed doing the blog. 8-)

cheers everybody

Barry :wave:
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Postby judgegeoff » 12 Jan 2015 13:43

Barry wrote:Well that's the end of the blogging, just worked it out, since we left home for the Caribbean cruise back on 29th October and the Christmas cruise we're just finishing we've only been at home for 18 nights! Ready for a rest, but only for 7 weeks to the Northern Lights Adventure. That's going to be a blast as well we reckon, especially as we now know who will be on board cruise staff wise!
I hope you've enjoyed keeping up with what we've been up to, I've certainly enjoyed doing the blog. 8-)

cheers everybody

Barry :wave:

Many thanks Barry, we have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and hope that our paths cross some time in the future! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"Marella Dream" - Turkey, Greece and Israel 2019
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 12 Jan 2015 15:49

Yes, Barry, it's all been fun! :D