Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Travel Insurance Claim

Travel Insurance Claim

Travel Insurance Claim

Postby adogap » 24 Jan 2017 13:07

During the past 40 years we have travelled reasonably extensively and aways ensured we had insurance to cover us. I recently had the misfortune to claim for the first time after OH had a bad fall and was hospitalised for 10 days. Doctors informed us he would not be fit to go on holiday and it could be several months before we obtain permission to travel by air. We have an annual group policy with AXA and I let them know at the earliest opportunity. They sent me a short form via email and asked me complete and return it along with a letter from hospital doctor or GP stating OH was unfit to travel and original booking invoice along with notice of cancellation from Cunard. Within a week the full amount was paid directly into our bank account.
WELL DONE AXA :clap:

Chris
Xmas, Queen Victoria, Dec. 2017
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
Canada, Queen Mary 2, September 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance Claim

Postby grannyM » 24 Jan 2017 18:42

Despite the bad luck and disappointment I'm sure the swift insurance payment must have made life a little easier Chris. Well done AXA always good to give credit where it's due. :thumbup:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Travel Insurance Claim

Postby judgegeoff » 24 Jan 2017 20:16

Very pleased for you Chris, tardy and difficult insurance companies can be a real pain. Hope OH is well on the way to a full recovery now. :)
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance Claim

Postby Jimmy the One » 24 Jan 2017 21:27

That's good to know Chris as we are insured with AXA also :clap: :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Travel Insurance Claim

Postby tomvet » 24 Jan 2017 21:35

great result Chris.
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Travel Insurance Claim

Postby Toongirl » 25 Jan 2017 21:42

I'm pleased this was settled so quickly, Chris. Hopefully, you'll be able to book something else in the near future.
Toongirl
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom