Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Explorer Travel Insurance

Explorer Travel Insurance

Postby bobbyoscar » 01 May 2017 10:30

I seem to spend a fair amount of my time trying to get travel insurance at a reasonable price for us two.

I know that many of you have commented on using the policies provided by your banks. Unfortunately that is not an option for us as I have ‘free’ banking which does not include travel insurance and if I switch accounts to pay and get travel insurance included, they will not cover pre-existing medical conditions (I have had long phone conversations, regarding this).

The balance for this year’s cruise is two weeks away and I have been doing dummy quotes so know I can get insurance; but thanks to a suggestion from a lady on another forum, I contacted Explorer for a quote and I have taken out a policy with them for our Baltic cruise this August.

They have covered all of Andy’s pre-existing conditions including heart- AF & CCF, diabetes, neurological - Guillan Barre & CIDP and some 'minor' problems too. I also have 5 pre existing conditions including thyroid and high blood pressure.

The premium is £209 which includes medical of £10m and repatriation from a ship but for an additional £20, we have included a ‘cruise plus’ element which includes missed ports, confinement to cabin etc. By using Quidco, I will also be receiving cashback of £40 and to think I had never heard of this company until last week. The next cheapest company for us was AllClear which was an additional £50.

There is also no upper age limit on their policies.

Cruises booked:
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu - Gibraltar
February 2019 – P & O Aurora - Andalsnes – Tromso – Alta – Stavanger
September 2019 - P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 01 May 2017 15:28

Thanks for that Glyn. Shall keep Explorer Travel insurance to mind when next we need it. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 02 May 2017 14:31

Sounds amazing value! Unfortunately expats are not allowed to take out UK insurance, and all insurance is epensive here so my premium is sky high :shock:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jeffo » 07 May 2017 13:15

We're going to be in the same boat in a couple of months. Appreciate your post bobbyoscar. Thanks very much.
Booked Cruises:
05 December 2017 Braemar - Voyage to the Caribbean back to back with:
21 December 2017 Braemar - Caribbean Christmas and New Year
31 August 2018 Astoria - Poole/Rouen/Honfleur/Poole
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (6), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1)
Jeffo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom