Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - I'm curious

I'm curious

I'm curious

Postby Marrob 33 » 15 Aug 2018 17:31

We all know that over the years,the Insurance companies have increased the time span regarding medication; it used to be the past two years,now, in some cases they use the word "ever" taken a medicine.
My question is,do they have a time span if you have been taken OFF a prescription medicine,and you ask for a reduction in the amount you have to pay? Somehow I think that is a pipe dream.
Marrob 33
Marrob 33
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

I'm curious

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Aug 2018 18:03

I have used the following companies for my travel insurance: Saga, AllClear, Explorer and this year will be AllClear again. I know some companies ask you to state which meds are being taken but I have never been asked to state that with these companies.

The only question that is slightly similar is one relating to high blood pressure when I am asked 'has your medication been changed in any way during the previous 6 months'.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: I'm curious

Postby Marrob 33 » 15 Aug 2018 21:06

Thanks for that; we used one company that had the option not to include pre-existing medical cover.
The thing is, most do insist, and even if you are no longer using a medication,the fact that you did previously at some time, however long ago,you get penalised.Then again, the price goes up the older you are, as if to say once you are over 70, you should not be taking holidays outside the UK.
If someone is prescribed medicine to control a problem, then they are surely less of a risk, if you have to claim you get told you are not covered, and some companies tell you they don't cover for certain things anyway.For some companies, the bottom line is they don't really care about individuals, they're only out to make as much as possible. That's why I said originally,the idea of them giving something back is a pipe dream
Marrob 33
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

I'm curious

Postby Gillzajoker » 16 Aug 2018 09:19

Insurance has been called 'legalised fraud'! :evil:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Marrob 33 » 16 Aug 2018 17:50

Yes, and I think the word legal should have a different definition, no longer should it mean "right," but "government sanctioned "because anything they do seems to be allowed, but only when they do it. :doh:
Marrob 33
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 17 Aug 2018 13:42

Marrob 33 wrote:Yes, and I think the word legal should have a different definition, no longer should it mean "right," but "government sanctioned "because anything they do seems to be allowed, but only when they do it. :doh:

Yep, that sounds about right - one rule for us and another for them! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

I'm curious

Postby tobysgranny » 18 Aug 2018 09:45

I’ll let you know how I get on when I try to get insurance for my cruise in November. I’ll be 73 then so we will see.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

I'm curious

Postby Gillzajoker » 18 Aug 2018 11:28

tobysgranny wrote:I’ll let you know how I get on when I try to get insurance for my cruise in November. I’ll be 73 then so we will see

Joan

Thanks, Joan, your experience will be helpful :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Return to Insurance