Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Re: Travel Insurance

Postby avidcruiser » 22 Feb 2015 01:24

Hannah wrote:Unfortunately with a reoccurrence of cancer not so easy. Am hospitalised currently with more chemo planned

Sorry to hear that. Hope your treatment has a positive outcome. :)
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Postby octocruiser » 22 Feb 2015 09:14

Hannah wrote:Unfortunately with a reoccurrence of cancer not so easy.Am hospitalised currently with more chemo planned

Really sad to hear that Hannah.

I hope things work out for you and that you will soon be able to look forward to cruising again.

Cheers Kath
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Barry » 22 Feb 2015 10:14

Trace wrote:
Hannah wrote:Unfortunately with a reoccurrence of cancer not so easy.Am hospitalised currently with more chemo planned

Hope you are in good spirits and all is going well, sending you a hug xxx :)

Yes, group hug from here as well.
Barry
Commodore
Commodore

Travel Insurance

Postby Gillzajoker » 22 Feb 2015 11:54

And every good wish from me, too :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Travel Insurance

Postby Trace » 22 Feb 2015 22:19

just read this thread through fully... Jill, I didn't know you had rearranged your world cruise, but I am sure you have done the right thing, you will have fab time on your new booked cruise, you obviously know how to enjoy yourselves wherever you go, and certainly live life to the full :)
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance

Postby JollyJill » 22 Feb 2015 22:31

Trace wrote:just read this thread through fully... Jill, I didn't know you had rearranged your world cruise, but I am sure you have done the right thing, you will have fab time on your new booked cruise, you obviously know how to enjoy yourselves wherever you go, and certainly live life to the full :)

Thanks Trace. I am sure we will have a great cruise and we certainly do know how to enjoy ourselves. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance

Postby Jeffo » 08 Jun 2015 09:31

Choosing suitable cover has become quite an exhausting experience for us over the last couple of weeks. We've finally gone through the bank account, but it will cease in 3 years time when I'm 71. They said quite categorically that existing medical conditions would not be covered, and to ring them up to declare these existing conditions. When I did this, I thought it was just for the record so they could exclude these conditions from future claims. But they slapped on an additional premium - and from their phraseology it looks like the premium is in respect of cover for these conditions - I'm lost, but content that I have finally got something sorted out.
Booked Cruises:
05 December 2017 Braemar - Voyage to the Caribbean back to back with:
21 December 2017 Braemar - Caribbean Christmas and New Year
31 August 2018 Astoria - Poole/Rouen/Honfleur/Poole
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (6), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1)
Jeffo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance

Postby Hannah » 08 Jun 2015 09:47

Jeffo wrote:Choosing suitable cover has become quite an exhausting experience for us over the last couple of weeks. We've finally gone through the bank account, but it will cease in 3 years time when I'm 71. They said quite categorically that existing medical conditions would not be covered, and to ring them up to declare these existing conditions. When I did this, I thought it was just for the record so they could exclude these conditions from future claims. But they slapped on an additional premium - and from their phraseology it looks like the premium is in respect of cover for these conditions - I'm lost, but content that I have finally got something sorted out.

I have got holiday travel insurance from Civil Service Pensioners Alliance (CSPA) as I receive a Civil Service Pension having worked for them for many years. They will insure you at a reasonable cost without having to declare medical conditions, worldwide and includes cruises. My annual fee to join CSPA is just £18 per yr and insurance was just over £172 per annum. There is an upper age limit (think was 85) but once in system age limit doesn't apply. For all info look on Civil Service Pensioners Alliance website if it helps at all. The only critieria is that you are not terminally ill and fit for travelling (not against dr's advice) It really is a minefield, up till now most companies found me uninsureable or were prepared to charge an arm and a leg.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance

Postby Jeffo » 08 Jun 2015 13:49

That's interesting Hannah - thanks. I'm a Civil Service pensioner too, but never heard of the CSPA. I'll make a note for the future.
Booked Cruises:
05 December 2017 Braemar - Voyage to the Caribbean back to back with:
21 December 2017 Braemar - Caribbean Christmas and New Year
31 August 2018 Astoria - Poole/Rouen/Honfleur/Poole
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (6), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1)
Jeffo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Travel Insurance

Postby divingbrit » 11 Aug 2016 20:56

Post office are doing a special offer till 18th September, buy a minimum £400 in travel money and get 25% off your travel Insurance, might be a good deal .
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous