Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Hurtigruten vegan menu

Hurtigruten vegan menu

Hurtigruten vegan menu

Postby judgegeoff » 10 Oct 2018 14:13

I was looking for information on the Hurtigruten coastal ships that run up Norway's coast and saw that Hurtigruten now have a vegan menu on all their ships. I remembered that Dave had been interested in a coastal ship review posted by Fossil, but had expressed concerns about whether the menu would be suitable (it seemed to feature meat and a lot of fish). Apparently Hurtigruten now have a vegan menu on all their coastal ships and here is a link to it :-

https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/inspiration/experiences/all-new-vegan-menu/
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Hurtigruten vegan menu

Postby Dave » 10 Oct 2018 15:07

judgegeoff wrote:I was looking for information on the Hurtigruten coastal ships that run up Norway's coast and saw that Hurtigruten now have a vegan menu on all their ships. I remembered that Dave had been interested in a coastal ship review posted by Fossil, but had expressed concerns about whether the menu would be suitable (it seemed to feature meat and a lot of fish). Apparently Hurtigruten now have a vegan menu on all their coastal ships and here is a link to it :-

https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/inspiration/experiences/all-new-vegan-menu/

Looks good Geoff, thanks. How the times are changing... :D
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Hurtigruten vegan menu

Postby Camela » 10 Oct 2018 22:17

I'm still interested in Hurtigruten as a totally different cruising experience. Prices do seem high despite the fact they are working ships. However the food looks amazing, vegan or not.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Hurtigruten vegan menu

Postby judgegeoff » 11 Oct 2018 09:20

Like you Camela, my wife Chris and I have pondered about going on a coastal cruise up the Norwegian coast. However, I believe some of the port stops are very brief, as short as 20 minutes, and we suspect that we would be frustrated not being able to get off and explore the towns, especially if there was something that appealed to us (a castle or church etc.).
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Hurtigruten