Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - The Joys of Walking!

The Joys of Walking!

Re: The Joys of Walking!

Postby tomvet » 09 Jan 2018 23:36

Two possible reasons:

Fertiliser
or they may be just 'ugly fruit' that are perfectly fine but people wont pay the top price for them coz their exactly that so are not worth 50 p each.
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

The Joys of Walking!

Postby Dave » 10 Jan 2018 15:58

Today's walk was a similar distance to yesterday's, but I headed west along the coast instead of east.

There are no seaside towns in that direction, just flat reclaimed marshland and mudflats that are a haven for birds. I came across a few boats that looked abandoned (or at least the worse for wear), and I think this one made a nice picture. :D

At Faversham, I headed inland and did a loop back along country lanes and across farmland. Passing through a large fruit farm I noticed strawberries - both green and red. I didn't know they fruited in January. Now I can resurrect 'Crop of the Day'. ;)

And here's another crop, which I've only recently discovered to be turnips. Turnips seem to cover half the arable land in Kent at the moment.

There are many lovely villages in this area. This is Hernhill, with a pub (white building, centre) called... yes, The Red Lion. I still haven't found out why half the pubs in Kent share the same name!

Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous