Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - The Joys of Walking!

The Joys of Walking!

The Joys of Walking!

Postby Gillzajoker » 17 Jul 2019 10:32

That was a really lovely walk, and the accompanying photos are wonderful. If you ever
think of 'upping your game' to test your mettle, how about carrying something on your
back a little more substantial than your backpack? ME!!! :lol:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: The Joys of Walking!

Postby Dave » 18 Jul 2019 16:12

rdw123 wrote:I agree Sutton Valence is a lovely area which we used to enjoy walking in. I can understand your reluctance to drive through Maidstone though. It always used to be a nightmare! I have been buying a lot of strawberries which have come from Kent. They were always good from that area. Lovely photos which brought back memories. Thanks

I hate driving through Maidstone Ruth; I've done it many times but I still use the satnav to help me get into the correct lanes!

Gillzajoker wrote:That was a really lovely walk, and the accompanying photos are wonderful. If you ever think of 'upping your game' to test your mettle, how about carrying something on your back a little more substantial than your backpack? ME!!! :lol:

Err... I'll think about it. :think: :?

Camela wrote:Dave, what happens when you've exhausted all the walks in Kent? Do you move to Sussex?

I'm sure there are many people who think like we do; we see loads of lovely, tempting places but always decide that there's no place like home. :D

However, I was thinking about getting into Sussex - I still haven't reached Tunbridge Wells on foot and there's a trail called the Sussex Border Path that passes quite close to the town and which might be used on a circular walk in the area.

We're setting off tomorrow for a week in the Peak District (and taking all the family) and a few days after we get back we're heading for Scotland for two weeks (by ourselves!) so it'll be a few weeks before I do any more explorations in Kent. So I'll end for now with a map of my progress to date:

That represents about 7,000 miles of walking in under three years, although it doesn't look like that much because I've walked some of the same paths a great many times - especially those around Whitstable and Canterbury!
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

The Joys of Walking!

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 Jul 2019 11:07

Looks very impressive to me! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag: