Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Barcelona

Barcelona

Barcelona

Postby Borneo » 28 Oct 2017 15:20

Barcelona does anyone know if cruise ships are still docking there , due to the unrest I was wondering if it was bad enough to stay away. We will be cruising to there in March. I know it's some time away. Just wondered what others thought?
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Barcelona

Postby tomvet » 28 Oct 2017 15:38

Nevermade the connection - in the heat of the moment, I think I'd stay on board but I would have the kids to consider.In 6 months time,I imagine things will have settled.

Note to self: another country to put on the must get to list!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Barcelona

Postby khkate » 28 Oct 2017 19:26

Just looked on the "Whats in port" website and it still shows ships as stopping there. Saga Pearl will probably berth at the World Trade Centre (we did in August). That is within walking distance of the bottom end of Las Ramblas, although they did provide a shuttle bus for further into the centre of town. I am sure we will hear quickly enough from Saga if it is deemed unsafe to call there and they will find an alternative post. After all, Barcelona is a popular port for some cruise lines that start and end their cruises there.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Barcelona

Postby Borneo » 28 Oct 2017 20:01

Thanks for that Lesely, Sounds reasonable, forgot that you will be on board.

Julia
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Barcelona

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 02 Nov 2017 21:17

I can confirm that ships are still sailing from Barcelona as late as sunday of this week as a few where discussing it on cc.

However 5 of the Catalan leaders have just been jailed so that may cause further problems now. I am going their in May so hopefully it will be sorted by then it appears so far to be mainly peaceful.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Barcelona

Postby Borneo » 02 Nov 2017 22:05

sparkiethecruiser wrote:I can confirm that ships are still sailing from Barcelona as late as sunday of this week as a few where discussing it on cc.

However 5 of the Catalan leaders have just been jailed so that may cause further problems now. I am going their in May so hopefully it will be sorted by then it appears so far to be mainly peaceful.

We are there in March, so we will let you know. It seems to be ok at the moment.
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom