Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - My first half-marathon!

My first half-marathon!

My first half-marathon!

Postby Dave » 14 Jan 2021 12:55

I'm feeling very pleased with myself right now. At the grand old age of 68, I've just completed my first ever half-marathon run. :)

I used an iFit video workout on the treadmill. The half-marathon was in Hawaii and the programme was in 5 parts. I'd only planned on doing the first session today, but when I saw the other runners I thought that if some of them could do the whole 13.1 miles, then so could I! So I did the 5 sessions back-to-back.

My overall time was 2hrs 34mins, but that included 4 short intervals where I had to save the previous session on the treadmill before starting the next. Overall running time was 2hrs 28mins. The middle section was easily the toughest, being steadily uphill. The total ascent was 1082ft.

I've now got 3 targets for 2021: a 34 mile trail walk along the North Downs Way, an off-road run/walk marathon, and an outdoors half-marathon run. :)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: My first half-marathon!

Postby Camela » 14 Jan 2021 13:20

You'll be able to look back on lockdown as a time of achievement as well as the many other negative aspects, well done!
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

My first half-marathon!

Postby Gillzajoker » 15 Jan 2021 11:08

Congratulations, Dave :clap: (I consider getting out of bed every morning an achievement!) :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain