Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Coronavirus and cancellations

Coronavirus and cancellations

Postby grannyM » 20 Mar 2020 09:46

bobbyoscar wrote:I’ve spoken to our cruise consultant at Celebrity about transferring our Fjords cruise at the end of June.

Our cruise for next May (2021) is now £800 cheaper than we paid, so they have cancelled our original booking and added that deposit to the new booking we have made for the same date, cruise, cabin and we keep all the perks we already had with the original booking. (I do hope that makes sense).

The new invoice has just come thru and our outstanding balance for May 2021 is now £3962.29 instead of £5058.

Pleased with that outcome and something to look forward to once we get thru this nightmare.

That is an absolutely brilliant idea Glynis. It will be May 2021 before we know it. :thumbup: :clap:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Mungo » 21 Mar 2020 14:45

Oh gosh, so much happening of late that it’s time I caught up with you all. :thumbup:

Hope all of you with cancelled cruises sort something out that suits. Sounds as though you have Glynis! :thumbup:

As for me........ Caribbean cruise and transatlantic back to Southampton was cancelled a week ago. :cry: P&O offered a 125% Future cruise credit or refund of 100%. We thought about it for a few days and decided it was the cruise we really want to do. Prices were higher for many cabins and we decided the £800 extra plus with flights only available from Manchester rather than Gatwick for 14 nights (an overnight in Barbados) was just too much. In the end we’re now on the 13 night cruise. Pretty much the same cabin but this time with a sofa. We do have to pay £85 each by the end of December but we get £170pp OBS.

In a nutshell we lose a day but get a sofa and OBS! :thumbup:
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Britannia March 2021
Columbus May 2021
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Coronavirus and cancellations

Postby Carwalsick » 21 Mar 2020 19:08

Sorry. What is OBS?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Camela » 21 Mar 2020 23:36

On board spend or on board credit.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 22 Mar 2020 11:10

Mungo wrote:Oh gosh, so much happening of late that it’s time I caught up with you all. :thumbup:

Hope all of you with cancelled cruises sort something out that suits. Sounds as though you have Glynis! :thumbup:

As for me........ Caribbean cruise and transatlantic back to Southampton was cancelled a week ago. :cry: P&O offered a 125% Future cruise credit or refund of 100%. We thought about it for a few days and decided it was the cruise we really want to do. Prices were higher for many cabins and we decided the £800 extra plus with flights only available from Manchester rather than Gatwick for 14 nights (an overnight in Barbados) was just too much. In the end we’re now on the 13 night cruise. Pretty much the same cabin but this time with a sofa. We do have to pay £85 each by the end of December but we get £170pp OBS.

In a nutshell we lose a day but get a sofa and OBS! :thumbup:

Great news, Sue! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bobbyoscar » 22 Mar 2020 12:00

Mungo wrote: As for me........ Caribbean cruise and transatlantic back to Southampton was cancelled a week ago. :cry:

Sue, I was only thinking of you this last week, couldn't remember if you had had your cruise or about to. Great to have something to look forward to, like us. Trying to stay upbeat about it all but the world will be a very different place when all this is over.

We haven't cancelled our Sept/Oct cruise yet, but seems highly unlikely that this virus will be 'back in its box' and safe for us to venture out.

Stay safe and love to Pete xx
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Peka » 24 Mar 2020 10:57

Fortunately our only booked cruise was February (not without other dramas or sadness) But that is to be told soon. I will do a review in the coming weeks.

Other travel plans have gone out the window, wondering what to do with a Amsterdam Eurostar ticket and flight back, booked for the end of May. Also we were meant to go to Oberammergau in August for the Passion Play - first put on in the 1634 after the villagers were spared from the plague...a new virus stops it!
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 24 Mar 2020 11:22

As they say, Peka, there' s nothing new under the sun! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Carwalsick » 31 Mar 2020 13:11

So Viking has now suspended ocean and river to end of June.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Grumbles