Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Kingstown, St Vincent & the Grenadines

Kingstown, St Vincent & the Grenadines

Postby gmf » 24 Dec 2017 14:27

We're calling in here in early February on a cruise on MSC Fantasia. Surprisingly perhaps MSC isn't offering any organised excursions on this island, so I'm looking for any advice/previous experiences in Kingstown. We're not swimming or 'beach' people, so aren't looking for sports etc.

Thanks in advance.
gmf

Postby divingbrit » 24 Dec 2017 21:32

Welcome

Check out Trip Advisor , it gave us a few ideas for other Islands
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 25 Dec 2017 10:34

If you see anything you fancy on Trip Advisor or other site, make a note of it. At the dock there will be lots of taxi drivers showing maps and pictures of what they can offer, and you should find your choice amongst them. In general, I expect to pay around $25 for anything between a 3-5 hour trip in most of the Caribbean ports. An excursion I took in St. Vincent included the film set of the Inn featured in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby gmf » 21 Feb 2018 13:50

Well, back from the cruise. MSC did, eventually provide some (overpriced) trips, but instead we went ashore, and joined in with some other people from the cruise ship in hiring a local minibus for a 3 hour visit (for $25 US pp). It was an enjoyable afternoon, but I think St Vincent doesn't have a lot to offer unless one is interested in swimming, beaches, water sports etc.
gmf

Postby tobysgranny » 21 Feb 2018 14:46

gmf wrote:Well, back from the cruise. MSC did, eventually provide some (overpriced) trips, but instead we went ashore, and joined in with some other people from the cruise ship in hiring a local minibus for a 3 hour visit (for $25 US pp). It was an enjoyable afternoon, but I think St Vincent doesn't have a lot to offer unless one is interested in swimming, beaches, water sports etc.

Thanks for that Gmf. We are calling there on Q.V. later in the year. We were interested to find out how other people had found the place. Not sure what we will do when we get there. Possibly something like yourself I expect.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Return to Caribbean