Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - St. Lucia, West Indies

St. Lucia, West Indies

St. Lucia, West Indies

Postby Oceanworldtravel » 26 Sep 2011 14:30

Last year I went on a Caribbean cruise on Ventura with my Wife, Sister & Husband plus two nieces, my sister came across an online review of someone staying in a villas @ Chateux Mygo in Margiot Bay http://bateaumygo.com(where they filmed Dr Dolittle) part of their holiday they chartered a skippered yacht which is part of the same business. So impressed with the online review my sister duly made contact with the owner 'Frank' and made a booking for a Valentines Day charter cost was approx $500 US Dollars for six of us.

We met the skipper at the jetty right next to Ventura where we boarded our very own catarmaran for the day complete with captain & steward. Soon we were on our way with the course set towards the Famous Pitons, we sat back and relaxed as the steward plied us with champagne! our captain also knew where the best snorkel bays were located and we had a fantastic time believing we were actual millionaires. As lunchtime came we anchored in a sheltered cove to enjoy some more snorkelling before having a superb buffet lunch back onboard. The day was all you could ever of wished for and included all your drinks & food (no limitations) have as much as you want not like an organised tour.

The Captain got us back to St Lucia in plenty of time to board Ventura (word of warning cruise ships will not wait for you! unless you are delayed on one of their own tours!) the DIY tour / charter was well worth the money especially when you see what they charge for their own excursions, next time you are in St Lucia why not give it a go!
Tim Talbot
Marketing Manager - http://www.oceanworldtravel.com
Direct Dial Tel: 02380 714790
Oceanworldtravel
Ensign
Ensign

Re: St. Lucia, West Indies

Postby Vinny Turner » 26 Sep 2011 14:35

That sounds wonderful Tim. Thanks for the advice.
Vinny
Vinny Turner
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Re: St. Lucia, West Indies

Postby JollyJill » 26 Sep 2011 16:15

I love St Lucia and would certainly fancy your recommendation Tim, Thankyou.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Caribbean