Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby tobysgranny » 04 Feb 2013 11:47

Has anyone been on a Cosol Tour in St Lucia. I've read the reviews on Tripadvisor and they are all very good, but I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has used them.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby Wansbrough » 04 Feb 2013 13:56

tobysgranny wrote:Has anyone been on a Cosol Tour in St Lucia. I've read the reviews on Tripadvisor and they are all very good, but I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has used them.

Joan

No but will be interested to see if anyone has.
We didn't get off the ship last time in St. Lucia because a certain person :oops: had a sunburned back. I quite fancied going to Jalousie beach to do some snorkelling which we may do in December when we are there again.
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby tobysgranny » 04 Feb 2013 14:28

Hi Wansbrough,

I'll let you know if we decide to go. The tour lasts around 6 hours and they seem to pack a lot in with food and drink included for 65 dollars.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby Wansbrough » 04 Feb 2013 21:20

Hello Joan

You have inspired me to start looking into getting to Jalousie beach and I have been weighing up either going by taxi which will cost about $180 for 4, or I am very tempted to use Spencer Ambrose's Jalousie Beach Break which takes you by boat along the coast but does cost almost twice as much.

Tour Highlights: * Round-Trip Boat Transportation * Jalousie Beach * See the majestic Pitons * Scenic Coastal Tour
* Bat Cave * Anse Chastanet * Fish on the Rock * Marigot Bay * Natural Bridge * Lunch & Beverages included

approx. trip duration: 5-6 hours
beach time: 3-4 hours
boat transportation/coastal tour: 40 min-1 hour
Tour Cost: $85 USD/adult

I know its almost twice the price but the thought of sitting in a taxi winding up and down hills and then having to walk the last leg of the journey is putting me off that method.

Still plenty of time before we go so more research needs to be done. There are other beaches but this one keeps cropping as one of the best.
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby tobysgranny » 04 Feb 2013 21:44

Hi Wansbrough,

We are still undecided as to what to do when we get to St Lucia. There seems to be several options which, like you say, needs some looking at. Unfortunately I'm not all that good on beaches unless I have a nice comfortable chair, although I do love the water, so the Cosol tour sounds quite good for me. Still, I'll let you know what we decide.

Time is creeping up on us. We are spending a week in Ft. Lauderdale, close to the beach, before our cruise on The Elipse so I will try to get some sun beforehand and try to avoid the problem you had last time with your back.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby Wansbrough » 04 Feb 2013 22:00

Which Hotel in Fort Lauderdale? In 2009 we stopped at http://www.oceanskyresort.com/ which was right on the beach. My mother in law said come out a few days early and chill a bit. We literally did, it was that cold we had the heating on in the hotel room.
Had some great walks along the beach though. :D
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby tobysgranny » 05 Feb 2013 00:13

We normally do a timeshare swap when we stay in Ft. Lauderdale, but this time we have rented a little condo for the week which is, apparently, very close to the beach. Last year after our cruise on The Oasis we stayed in a hotel further up the beach which was o.k., but it was very windy when we stayed there and it was spring break so it was a bit busy. (We were there for three days before we discovered they had changed the clocks and nobody had told us). We then went over to Marco Island and stayed with some friends who live there. We met them on a previous cruise and they are great Fun. To finish off we then had a timeshare swap in Kissimmee for the week. We also have some friends who live out there for part of the year and we like to visit them, but this year they have decided they want to come down to Ft. Lauderdale and visit us.

We also have 1 night in Ft. Lauderdale after The Eclipse before sailing back on The Indy. and we have booked a hotel out at Sawgrass for that night so we can do a bit of shopping before having dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. The car hire for 1 day is half the cost of the car hire for the week before our cruise. Crazy isn't?

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby jenny wren » 05 Feb 2013 16:32

tobysgranny wrote:Has anyone been on a Cosol Tour in St Lucia. I've read the reviews on Tripadvisor and they are all very good, but I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has used them.

Joan

Yes we went on a Cosol Tour in 2009 or 2010 from Oriana.....It was absolutely fantastic, just four of us and Cosol himself in a minibus (with bar in the back) Rum punch on tap for the duration if you wanted it!! He took us to a family members house set high up on a cliff with wonderful views....she gave us a typical Caribbean breakfast ...then we went off to a Banana plantation where he explained the workings of it and gave us a banana each! we also went to the sulphur springs/volcano then from Soufriere we took a boat ride to the deserted beach between the pitons for a swim. We had hot bread and cheese for lunch went to a botanical gardens with waterfall where you could have a dip.....and also paid a visit to Marigot beach (I think) where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed (again I think!) Perhaps not quite got my facts right there!....Anyway we were really pleased with our day which was 65 dollars each and he didn't want money until we arrived back at the ship.

Highly recommended! :)
jenny wren
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby tobysgranny » 05 Feb 2013 17:44

Hello Jenny,

Sounds wonderful and just what we are looking for. Thanks for the input it has been very helpful.

Time is marching on so we must get ourselves sorted out.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Cosol Tours in St Lucia

Postby dopeyngrumpy » 09 Feb 2013 22:10

Hi

We've done it too and enjoyed it so much that Tiggertastic wrote it up on Tripadvisor - thoroughly recommended.

David
dopeyngrumpy
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
England

Next

Return to Caribbean