Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - What destinations would you cruise to again and again?

What destinations would you cruise to again and again?

An area for topics about more general cruise-related matters.

Postby Jimmy the One » 12 Sep 2017 20:56

hazel20 wrote:
Jimmy the One wrote:Anywhere we've been I would happily go back again but love Norway and Iceland must have some Viking blood.Had a great cruise from Greenock to the Adriatic and back would do that again in a heartbeat especially if we had the same ports speaker ;)

Next month Jim, but on Saga Pearl II.....come with us!

For me, I never tire of Greenland or Funchal

Sorry Hazel wish we could but have a large purchase in October :(
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Mungo » 12 Sep 2017 22:46

There is something magical about Norway that I love! (Could it be the trolls?) :lol: :lol:

I think it's the clean air, wonderful scenery and tranquility of it. The clouds and shadows on the mountains and across the fjords make it a stunning place. Best cruise was working our way to the north of Norway and across to Spitzbergen where we were guarded from polar bears. :o

Close second would be the Adriatic with wonderful ports of call such as Venice, Dubrovnik and Korcula. :thumbup:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What destinations would you cruise to again and again?

Postby tomvet » 13 Sep 2017 00:39

we have done two British Isles cruises and loved both of 'em/ First one we had extraordinary weather and second one extraordinary company!!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby judgegeoff » 14 Sep 2017 13:23

In September 2015 Chris and I spent 13 nights on the 'Voyages of Discovery' “Voyager” cruise ship, visiting Turkish and Greek ports. The “Voyager” was a very small ship at just a little over 15,000 tonnes, with an excellent crew of 214 looking after just 586 passengers. Because of her size she was able to get into the little ports that were denied to the larger ships and, in most cases, we were berthed just a very short walk from the town centres.

We really enjoyed that cruise and, although we only had two sea days, we paced ourselves sensibly and so found it to be a very relaxing experience. The little towns were lovely, the people very friendly and we enjoyed some fantastic food and wine both on and off the ship. The restaurants in Turkey and Greece were mostly excellent value compared with many other destinations we have visited.

Having enjoyed the cruise so much, we decided to do a very similar cruise in September 2016, but eventually decided to book two back to back cruises 13 nights and then 14 nights, with some ports the same as the previous year, but also a lot of new ports. Of the 27 nights aboard, we were scheduled to have just 2 sea days.

Again, we had a fantastic time visiting the little Turkish and Greek ports, finding the history of the areas fascinating – made all the more enjoyable by the excellent lecturers aboard.

Sadly the 'Voyages of Discovery' Line and her sister Line 'Swan Hellenic' went into liquidation shortly after the second cruise and so we were unable to sail with them again. But, if any other Line with small ships ever do a similar itinerary we would certainly be very interested.
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Camela » 16 Sep 2017 15:43

In the Med I have to include Italy as I love the country so much and never tire of it. Want to cruise out of Hong Kong again - it was on my bucket list but the cruise we did left at sunset on a very gloomy day and I want to leave at night.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 16 Sep 2017 17:14

Jimmy the One wrote:
Carwalsick wrote:So many to choose from but two absolute opposites. Sydney because of the harbour, the nightlife, the surroundings and memories of our first cruise. Not likely to be repeated now that we have shunned long haul flying. Second would be Magdalenefjorden in Spitsbergen. Back to nature, wonderful scenery, sea life and memories of being tendered on shore a few at a time so that we could get off quickly if polar bears got too close.
Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

We were not allowed to sail down Magdalene fjord back in June same for all cruise ships now I think but agree Spitsbergen / Svalbard one of the most unique places on the planet our second time there and would go again if the boss let me :lol:

Just butter her up :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby Peka » 03 Oct 2017 19:19

Greenland most definitely Image, visited for the third time this year and I just wish I could go back again.
Peka

No cruises booked :(
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Seamouse » 08 Oct 2017 16:29

I also love Norway, the scenery is fantastic, and the air feels so clean. Like Geoff said, a lot of the places in Turkey and Greece are also favourites. Lets face it, I just love cruising and visiting different places in the World!! Lots of places on my 'to do list', still to see, if we are able.
Chris

Cruises booked :-

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
Seamouse
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous